There are newer employer reviews for Kindred at Home

Kindred is a patient centered organization that is good to work for.

Current Employee - Director of Operations  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Director of Operations in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Kindred at Home full-time for more than a year

Pros

Kindred is the largest post acute care provider in the country which gives you a large resource into people and best practices. Also being a major player in the healthcare industry you can be part of conversations and initiatives that are dealing with the changing landscape of healthcare.

Cons

Due to massive amounts of change in the division over the last few years there have definitely been some bumps in the road due to implementations and changes in leadership.

Continue to work to reduce bureaucracy.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Kindred at Home (View Most Recent)

underappreciated

I have been working at Kindred at Home full-time for more than a year

Pros

free online ceu's, some good people in my immediate department

Cons

no raises, no support from management, no concern for patient safety as evidenced by severe under staffing. over concern for profit, under concern for providing good care. at least from administrative perspective.

Bottom line is the top line

Former Employee - Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Kindred at Home full-time

Pros

The hospice team, dedicated front-line workers are some of the best people I ever had the privilege to know and I now have access to a great network of people, some of whom have helped me grow professionally.
    Benefits are mediocre, no better or worse than other firms I've worked in. Sick time is rolled into PTO. Healthcare policy has deductible of $1500/$4500 max out of pocket for the premium plan. There is little to no organized clinical orientation.

Cons

Kindred gradually destroyed the culture of our once great workplace after they purchased our home grown hospice and drove about half of our staff to leave over a period of 18 months. They place incompetent and ineffectual people in management positions with very little oversight. Senior management is just as bad, so you have no one to turn to when middle management abuses you.
    Kindred is offering very little in terms of benefits, time-off at the moment because of Medicare cuts, ACA, etc., They are making the staff suffer by cutting hours and pay, laying workers off and in general, making the employees lives miserable I think, in the hopes employees will quit and Kindred won't have to pay out unemployment insurance. Our team has had no raises in about 4 years and before that we got only 1.5% -2%, the lowest I've ever received in my career (prior to Medicare cuts). Many who remain at this office appear to be suffering from a form of battered spouse syndrome-- terribly unhappy but unable to tear themselves away from a co-dependent relationship.
    The clinical staff now have to use a tablet for documentation that tracks their every move and a software program that is cumbersome and poorly adapted to hospice work.

Instead of carrying out hostile takeovers of well-established and successful firms to pad your books, try practicing Charity at Home and nurture the people who are currently keeping the organization afloat in these troubled times. If the people are happy, the money will come....

There are newer employer reviews for Kindred at Home

Worked for Kindred at Home? Contribute to the Community!