There are newer employer reviews for Kinetica Media

fun place to work

I have been working at Kinetica Media

Pros

I like the freedom, the people, the clients and the projects. I'm very excited for the new projects that Kinetica Media is engaging in. We have great client retention rate and the clients for the most part seem pleased with our services and recommend us a lot.

Cons

The things I don’t like about Kinetica Media are few at this point. Sometime the deadlines get stressful and there never seems that there is enough time in the day to complete all the work I have (which is a lot mostly). There isn’t any A/C in the building so it can get pretty hot in here.. Other than that, I like working with the team and Kinetica’s clients.

Chris, stay focused on the big picture and work on the business..... not in the business. You are a much better entrepreneur than a manager :) Stick to what you are good at and let your staff do to what they are good at.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Kinetica Media (View Most Recent)

Great company - great client list

Former Employee - Web Developer/Designer/Project Manager  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Web Developer/Designer/Project Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Kinetica Media as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work / life balance, working remotely, good pay and bonuses, great staff and client roster to work with. I really liked all the projects I worked on and the diversity of the client base- Learned a lot about good customer service.

Cons

downtime in between projects, waiting for clients to respond to requests, never met the staff or clients in person, time zone differences

offer hack days and open innovation days so newer products and services can be seen faster. Streamline staff and client communications better.

Bush-league and dishonest business practices

Former Employee - Web Programmer  in  Perrysburg, OH
    Former Employee - Web Programmer in Perrysburg, OH

I worked at Kinetica Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

Laid back for the most part. A few paid holidays.

Cons

Inconsistent deadlines.

Boss will not tell you about jobs until 2 days before they are due.

No AC in small, cramped office.

No sound baffling at all, you hear everything every person is doing at all times.

Old, outdated equipment.

The owner/manager outright misleads customers into paying for services that are free or he doesn't intend to deliver. (Charging over $1000 to install Wordpress)

Owner uses employees for side jobs, and doesn't pay for the extra work.

Owner often takes credit for the jobs workers do when presenting to clients despite having zero programming knowledge.

Immense micro-management. Wants you to explain everything you do, provide task lists of things you worked on for every minute of the day. All while manually monitoring you so he can find any inconsistency.

You know what you're doing wrong... just stop.

There are newer employer reviews for Kinetica Media

Worked for Kinetica Media? Contribute to the Community!