King Soopers

There are newer employer reviews for King Soopers

ok

Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Denver, CO

I have been working at King Soopers part-time (less than an year)

Pros

job,friends ,close to home ,

Cons

low pay ,bad customers , 20 hours

share the wealth

138 Other Employee Reviews for King Soopers (View Most Recent)

What a ride

Former Employee - Front End Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Front End Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at King Soopers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, they are really, really good. Pretty much too good. The people you work with are a grab bag, but I made some lifelong connections here. There is upward mobility in the company for interested and qualified individuals. There used to be some decent perks, but they have been taken away.

Cons

Horrible hours, unrealistic expectaions. Every location I worked at is understaffed. The company is always trying to save money, and they do not staff their stores to make them comfortable for employees to handle the workload. There is simply never enough time to do everything. Upper management has no earthly idea what their employees go through on a daily basis, and it seems like they do not care either. Long term employees are surly, lazy and fight managment at every turn for no reason other than to fight them. I am ashamed at having done some of the things to employees that I did at the behest of upper management. It is really all about making shareholders more money; they say "customer first", but actually mean, "shareholders first". If you like working long hours with no tangible recognition to make already wealthy people even more money, then work for Kroger.

Burn the whole thing down and start over. Stop wasting money on unproven systems that trump the human element(QueVision). You have good people, so stop overlooking them. You really are overthinking the grocery business. Stop being wasteful in some areas (the deli, throwing away THAT much chicken is a problem) and too frugal in others. I will never even shop in your stores if I can help it.

good job

Current Employee - Assistant Department Manager in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Assistant Department Manager in Littleton, CO

I have been working at King Soopers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good experience for eventually owning your own business

Cons

lack of consistency for schedualing

There are newer employer reviews for King Soopers