King Soopers

There are newer employer reviews for King Soopers

very fun

Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Longmont, CO
Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Longmont, CO

I have been working at King Soopers part-time (less than an year)

Pros

the hours are flexible and they will work around my college schedule. I have the option of moving departments if I want and there is an opening. you get a discount on all Kroger brands. its like having a family everybody looks out for everyone. you get tons of training for your job so you can be comfortable doing your job.

Cons

carts suck be ready to spend an hour chasing carts and still not get anywhere, the customers can be tough at times. and sometimes head clerks just stand around talk and direct like they should.

139 Other Employee Reviews for King Soopers (View Most Recent)

What a ride

Former Employee - Front End Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Front End Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at King Soopers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, they are really, really good. Pretty much too good. The people you work with are a grab bag, but I made some lifelong connections here. There is upward mobility in the company for interested and qualified individuals. There used to be some decent perks, but they have been taken away.

Cons

Horrible hours, unrealistic expectaions. Every location I worked at is understaffed. The company is always trying to save money, and they do not staff their stores to make them comfortable for employees to handle the workload. There is simply never enough time to do everything. Upper management has no earthly idea what their employees go through on a daily basis, and it seems like they do not care either. Long term employees are surly, lazy and fight managment at every turn for no reason other than to fight them. I am ashamed at having done some of the things to employees that I did at the behest of upper management. It is really all about making shareholders more money; they say "customer first", but actually mean, "shareholders first". If you like working long hours with no tangible recognition to make already wealthy people even more money, then work for Kroger.

Burn the whole thing down and start over. Stop wasting money on unproven systems that trump the human element(QueVision). You have good people, so stop overlooking them. You really are overthinking the grocery business. Stop being wasteful in some areas (the deli, throwing away THAT much chicken is a problem) and too frugal in others. I will never even shop in your stores if I can help it.

ok

Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Denver, CO

I have been working at King Soopers part-time (less than an year)

Pros

job,friends ,close to home ,

Cons

low pay ,bad customers , 20 hours

share the wealth