King Soopers
www.kingsoopers.com Denver, CO

What a ride

Front End Manager (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

ProsGood benefits, they are really, really good. Pretty much too good. The people you work with are a grab bag, but I made some lifelong connections here. There is upward mobility in the company for interested and qualified individuals. There used to be some decent perks, but they have been taken away.

ConsHorrible hours, unrealistic expectaions. Every location I worked at is understaffed. The company is always trying to save money, and they do not staff their stores to make them comfortable for employees to handle the workload. There is simply never enough time to do everything. Upper management has no earthly idea what their employees go through on a daily basis, and it seems like they do not care either. Long term employees are surly, lazy and fight managment at every turn for no reason other than to fight them. I am ashamed at having done some of the things to employees that I did at the behest of upper management. It is really all about making shareholders more money; they say "customer first", but actually mean, "shareholders first". If you like working long hours with no tangible recognition to make already wealthy people even more money, then work for Kroger.

Advice to Senior ManagementBurn the whole thing down and start over. Stop wasting money on unproven systems that trump the human element(QueVision). You have good people, so stop overlooking them. You really are overthinking the grocery business. Stop being wasteful in some areas (the deli, throwing away THAT much chicken is a problem) and too frugal in others. I will never even shop in your stores if I can help it.

Decent job, horrible management

Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee)

I worked at King Soopers part-time for less than a year

Pros: Employees are usually fun; fairly easy, except pushing carts; good discount; lots of food to choose… Cons: Horrible management; crappy hours; low pay; takes forever to advance; managers pick favorites and are rude to you unless you suck up to them; you… Advice to Senior Management: Get yourselves together! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

produce

Produce Clerk (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

I have been working at King Soopers full-time for more than a year

Pros: 401k, insurance, full time job, benefits Cons: night shift, management, stand up all day. More
There are newer reviews on King Soopers.

Worked for King Soopers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at King Soopers reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for King Soopers CEO Russ Dispense. All reviews posted anonymously by King Soopers employees.