There are newer employer reviews for King Soopers

King Soopers/ Kroger not a good place to work

Former Employee - Assistant Manager General Merchandise
Former Employee - Assistant Manager General Merchandise

I worked at King Soopers

Pros

You can make decent money

Cons

Your whole life revolves around the store. I worked hours that ranged from 3 am start time to 11 am start time. Days off were sparadic and I felt like I had no life besides working at King Soopers

I understand this is a retail job, but to attract the best people time off is important. Senority rules at King Soopers and there need to be a balance. I don't want to waste my youth working every weekend so that when I'm 50 I can get 1 weekend day off.

reviews filtered by

No Future Here

Former Employee - Courtesy Clerk
    Former Employee - Courtesy Clerk

I worked at King Soopers

Pros

Easy to get hired; the job is simple, created as part-time or full-time work for teenagers in their high school years mostly. It's just another low-paying job. Air-conditioned in the summer, heated in the winter.

Cons

Management way too focused on disciplining employees. They fall all over themselves to "write up" anyone they can, for the most minor (and even falsified) charges. Too much pressure to work hard for minimum wage. NO time off allowed or approved, even for family emergencies. They tell you to 'Quit, then apply for re-hire", even if you only want one single day off, two weeks from today. Very unreasonable and punitive treatment. They make it perfectly clear that none of the jobs have ANY career potential anymore. THAT much, they are honest about.

Don't hire people just to fulfill EEO guidelines; if you don't want a certain type of person working for you, don't hire them to begin with. Demeaning treatment to "run people off" is not the way to do business.

2. Pretty Good Experience

I worked at King Soopers

Pros

The pay, benefits and other compensation plans were generally decent. The working conditions were also ok and the people were reasonably nice.

Cons

As a beginning employee at King Soopers, my shifts were pretty bad. I do not feel I was given a fair shake in this respect. Maybe it gets better after you work there a while.

Really, not a bad place to work. The pay was good and the working conditions were also good. But I didn't like the way new employees were treated with respect to the schedule.

There are newer employer reviews for King Soopers