There are newer employer reviews for King's Seafood

If you're looking for a restaurant company to work for, this is NOT the place to go!

Current Employee - Server in Long Beach, CA
Current Employee - Server in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at King's Seafood

Pros

I find very little in the way of posiitve reasons to work for this company. Other than the camaraderie with the staff, I feel this is not an environment I would recommend to others looking for a job.

Cons

Honestly, after working here for over a year, it's progressively deteriorated, ranging from the lack of communication from managment to staff to being able to complete our jobs because of a lack of basic product and necessities. I find absolutley nothing positive to write about this place of employment. The benefits package was restructured to cost more but cover less. Scheduling conflicts often arise, even after a availability sheet has been given to the HR department. And if such conflicts happen, it's then the responsibility of the staff to cover the shift, even though the availability sheet was filled out in accordance to the guidelines set forth by the company. The management does very little to support the staff during peak business, often to the detriment to the customers. They regularly take their managment meeting at the beginning of the dinner shift and during transitional periods, making said transition extremely difficult. The have a "self-manage' attitude towards the staff, but a micromanagement follow through. There is very little in the way of positive acknowledgement. All expectations by the customers that are either met or exceded or often overlooked because "thats just you doing your job" where as a minor negative incident often ends up in a verbal and written counsel and often times from mulitple managers.

Advice to Management

I would suggest to the managment that they need to take their idea of what our restaurant is supposed to be and change it to what it is. They need to realize that all of us need to work as a team, including themselves, and to come down out of their ivory tower, and conduct themselves on the floor that would garner respect from the staff instead of demanding it just because "I have both names on my nametag."

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I like it!

I have been working at King's Seafood full-time

Pros

Scratch Kitchen, Top Quality Product.

Cons

Need to hire more people. There are some long days

2. Hostess/Food Runner

I worked at King's Seafood

Pros

Honestly.. There were no pros, I started out loving the job and very quickly learned how this company was. They don't want to see you grow and barely pay you enough to survive

Cons

Management is sexist, they barely compensate you to live, no growth opportunity. I was there a year and a half as a host because they said that I was "too good" at my job to move up.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like humans instead of animals.