There are newer employer reviews for King's Seafood

I have worked for other companies and Kings is one of the best I have worked for.

Current Employee - Server  in  Huntington Beach, CA
Current Employee - Server in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at King's Seafood

Pros

They care about their product - seafood. I love eating seafood and I have never been dissappoined with the quality of seafood eaten. I am proud of the food and product we serve - our guests dine love our restaurant!

Cons

Like alot of restaurants sometimes I wish I had more shifts to work. Overall we have a good crew at our location.

I would like new uniforms!

10 Other Employee Reviews for King's Seafood (View Most Recent)

If you're looking for a restaurant company to work for, this is NOT the place to go!

Current Employee - Server  in  Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Server in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at King's Seafood

Pros

I find very little in the way of posiitve reasons to work for this company. Other than the camaraderie
    with the staff, I feel this is not an environment I would recommend to others looking for a job.

Cons

Honestly, after working here for over a year, it's progressively deteriorated, ranging from the lack of communication from managment to staff to being able to complete our jobs because of a lack of basic product and necessities. I find absolutley nothing positive to write about this place of employment. The benefits package was restructured to cost more but cover less. Scheduling conflicts often arise, even after a availability sheet has been given to the HR department. And if such conflicts happen, it's then the responsibility of the staff to cover the shift, even though the availability sheet was filled out in accordance to the guidelines set forth by the company.
    The management does very little to support the staff during peak business, often to the detriment to the customers. They regularly take their managment meeting at the beginning of the dinner shift and during transitional periods, making said transition extremely difficult. The have a "self-manage' attitude towards the staff, but a micromanagement follow through.
    There is very little in the way of positive acknowledgement. All expectations by the customers that are either met or exceded or often overlooked because "thats just you doing your job" where as a minor negative incident often ends up in a verbal and written counsel and often times from mulitple managers.

I would suggest to the managment that they need to take their idea of what our restaurant is supposed to be and change it to what it is. They need to realize that all of us need to work as a team, including themselves, and to come down out of their ivory tower, and conduct themselves on the floor that would garner respect from the staff instead of demanding it just because "I have both names on my nametag."

Great place to work...love it!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at King's Seafood full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The management team is dedicated to your development and wants you to learn and grow.

Cons

None that I can see

There are newer employer reviews for King's Seafood

Worked for King's Seafood? Contribute to the Community!