Great place to work.

Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Austin, TX

I have been working at KingsIsle Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're looking for a great place to learn and grow with a positive atmosphere then this is the place for you. Great team of coworkers with a work hard / play hard attitude. Work life balance is just right and over time is not over done (when its necessary). Decent benefit package as the company is growing so there are changes for the better each year.

Cons

At present there are none.

Advice to Management

Management needs to not just focus on employees who put in overtime to be recognized as exceptional. This seems to be a trend.

Other Employee Reviews for KingsIsle Entertainment

Be cautious on what position you get

Current Contractor - QA Tester in Austin, TX
    Current Contractor - QA Tester in Austin, TX

I have been working at KingsIsle Entertainment as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, relaxed atmosphere, company events are great.

Cons

It's really hard to find out if the company has other goals for you. You could be doing the same thing for years on end and they are ok with that. They are known to keep people on contract which stinks because once people find out that you are a contractor, you are viewed in a different light

Advice to Management

Make people full time. We are people who just want to work for a great company. Give us the respect that we deserve and a pay that can help us with the essential things in life like rent and bills. Having upper management in Dallas and the workers in Austin, makes it a little odd at times.

Slaves to the suits

Former Contractor - Character Artist in Austin, TX
    Former Contractor - Character Artist in Austin, TX

I worked at KingsIsle Entertainment as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay well. They are a larger company, so that may look good on a resume. The make projects that have a high exposure. Deep talent pool.

Cons

A crunch machine who believes bottlenecks and corporate slogans are a good way of keeping people motivated. You very much feel like a cog in the machine, and all creative control is for the privileged few.

Advice to Management

Lighten up a little.