Kinnser Software

There are newer employer reviews for Kinnser Software

Me and the CEO

Current Employee - Marketing & Strategy in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Marketing & Strategy in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It was my first week as a new hire; I was still drinking through the fire hose (favorite new hire pastime). I was in a meeting with the VP of Strategy, and a stranger pops in to tell a quick joke. This was my first impression of Kinnser President and CEO, Chris Hester.

Fast-forward to Friday. Chris joined one of our new hire meetings (he seems to have a knack for being aware of little details), and he made a point to meet each of us, learn our names, and officially welcome us to the company. It was there that he casually mentioned something I’ll never forget- his personal twist on the bus analogy.

He told us that what separates good companies from great companies is a lot like an adventurous bus ride. Often times, people panic when stormy weather hits the road or the driver needs to take a break. However, the way Kinnser runs should never change. “It doesn’t matter if someone gets off the bus or if we move seats on the bus. I truly believe we have the best approach to creating a successful business with the best people in place.”

Ten years ago, Chris noticed that a home health agency was losing money, sacrificing time, and desperately needing reorganization. He didn’t just build a product and expect people to buy it. He listened. That is what defines Kinnser’s success--the ability to understand a common pain point and resolve it correctly. Kinnser does not directly supervise the day-to-day care of millions of Americans, but their software empowers those who do.

--Wait, back to the bus…

Again, I was confused at the time, but Chris clarified. He was getting off the Kinnser bus for a few days himself because his wife was expecting their second child two days away!

Since then, I’ve realized just how good of a listener he is. Not just in regards to who I am and where I’m from, but how Chris listens and solves real world problems. So Chris, if this somehow gets to you - congratulations on your newborn son and thanks for making Kinnser a great place to work.

Cons

You may be working for various departments. Take this as an opportunity!

Consistently ask for employee feedback.

28 Other Employee Reviews for Kinnser Software (View Most Recent)

Kinnser values its employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Kinnser values its employees' ideas and experience, work/life balance, and commitment to a fun and laid back environment and inclusive culture, no matter how successful we become.

Cons

The location in south-central Austin just off of Mopac can be challenging with traffic, commuting in from the north.

Don't change the Kinnser culture. We love working here. If something doesn't directly benefit employees and current customers, don't do it.

A stimulating and challenging (in a good way) work environment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Surrounded by very intelligent, motivated people. Everyone is friendly, easy to talk to, willing to help, and willing to train new employees.

Cons

Moved offices recently and there isn't as much camaraderie and "team" feeling.

Keep hiring smart people, but work on the orientation process.

There are newer employer reviews for Kinnser Software