Kinnser Software

www.kinnser.com

Me and the CEO

Marketing & Strategy (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsIt was my first week as a new hire; I was still drinking through the fire hose (favorite new hire pastime). I was in a meeting with the VP of Strategy, and a stranger pops in to tell a quick joke. This was my first impression of Kinnser President and CEO, Chris Hester.

Fast-forward to Friday. Chris joined one of our new hire meetings (he seems to have a knack for being aware of little details), and he made a point to meet each of us, learn our names, and officially welcome us to the company. It was there that he casually mentioned something I’ll never forget- his personal twist on the bus analogy.

He told us that what separates good companies from great companies is a lot like an adventurous bus ride. Often times, people panic when stormy weather hits the road or the driver needs to take a break. However, the way Kinnser runs should never change. “It doesn’t matter if someone gets off the bus or if we move seats on the bus. I truly believe we have the best approach to creating a successful business with the best people in place.”

Ten years ago, Chris noticed that a home health agency was losing money, sacrificing time, and desperately needing reorganization. He didn’t just build a product and expect people to buy it. He listened. That is what defines Kinnser’s success--the ability to understand a common pain point and resolve it correctly. Kinnser does not directly supervise the day-to-day care of millions of Americans, but their software empowers those who do.

--Wait, back to the bus…

Again, I was confused at the time, but Chris clarified. He was getting off the Kinnser bus for a few days himself because his wife was expecting their second child two days away!

Since then, I’ve realized just how good of a listener he is. Not just in regards to who I am and where I’m from, but how Chris listens and solves real world problems. So Chris, if this somehow gets to you - congratulations on your newborn son and thanks for making Kinnser a great place to work.

ConsYou may be working for various departments. Take this as an opportunity!

Advice to Senior ManagementConsistently ask for employee feedback.

Kinnser values its employees

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time for more than a year

Pros: Kinnser values its employees' ideas and experience, work/life balance, and commitment to a… Cons: The location in south-central Austin just off of Mopac can… Advice to Senior Management: Don't change the Kinnser culture. We love working here. If… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A stimulating and challenging (in a good way) work environment.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time for less than a year

Pros: Surrounded by very intelligent, motivated people. Everyone is friendly, easy to… Cons: Moved offices recently and there isn't as much camaraderie and… Advice to Senior Management: Keep hiring smart people, but work on the orientation process. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Kinnser Software.

Worked for Kinnser Software? Contribute to the Community!