Kinross Gold
www.kinross.com Toronto, Canada 5000+ Employees

Great potential

I have been working at Kinross Gold

ProsCompany has a growing base of properties that have the potential to be world class. Benefits package is excellent compared to anyone in the business. Expences are paid quickly.

ConsHR is terrible. Communication is non-existent. Kinross seems unable to promote from within, thus you doa in the position you start with.

Advice to Senior ManagementLive the values you made, HR is terrible, thus you dont put people first. As long as the company only spends money to get people in the door, but not once they are in, the company morale will suffer.

Good company, difficult work

I have been working at Kinross Gold full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The benefits can't be beat. Very competitive retirement. Rural living in rugged & beautiful country, 'big city' pay without the big city hastles.… Cons: As with any publicly traded business, the bottom line is what matters. The pace can be grueling and the stress level is always high… Advice to Senior Management: Keep listening to your workforce. We know you by… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A bad company in a cultural desert

Tech Services (Former Employee)
Round Mountain, NV

I worked at Kinross Gold full-time for more than a year

Pros: The compensation is good and the lack of things to do allows you to save money. If you like the desert there is PLENTY of… Cons: There is nothing as far as housing goes unless you get company housing. Even then depending on specific situations, the company will take… Advice to Senior Management: To anyone potentially interested in working for Kinross at Round Mountain Gold Mine: My immediate manager was AMAZING! He was very supportive and gave me a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Kinross Gold.

Worked for Kinross Gold? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kinross Gold reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kinross Gold CEO J. Paul Rollinson. All reviews posted anonymously by Kinross Gold employees.