Big letdown, no help

Former Employee - Third Assistant Manager in Alabaster, AL
Former Employee - Third Assistant Manager in Alabaster, AL

I worked at Kirkland's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Main pro is the store discount. Nothing is ever the same. That is really the only pros.

Cons

I was hired in as assistant manger. I had worked at Kirklands previously as an assistant (15 years ago). Sad to say, my pay was the same amount when I left 15 years ago. The store I was hired at had a lot of turnovers mainly due to a new manager. Training is non-existent, yet you are expected to have everything perfect. I was left to close the store without being trained how (things change in 15 years!) Unhappy employees, no help on truck day. The last straw for me was when the manager told me that I HAD to buy more than one item.

Advice to Management

More associates to help on truck day without penalizing hours for other associates. PROPER training, not "well its in the book."

Other Employee Reviews for Kirkland's

1. To much work for the pay that was offered in my case

Former Employee - Team Member in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Team Member in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Kirkland's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Smells nice environment 2. Laid back 3. Customers

Cons

1. More Professionalism by Management 2. Hours were given to favorites 3. Managers would talk about other associates to employees 4. Unhappy place

Advice to Management

Make sure you always keep information quiet about other employees, favoritism should disappear my friend walked out because he was upset with the way he was treated. I call it this sexism in the workplace against males

2. Heavy lifting at Kirkland for sales associates.

Former Employee - Retail Associate in Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Retail Associate in Lancaster, PA

I worked at Kirkland's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great merchandise and employee discounts. First hand look at sales and clearance merchandise. Employees were friendly and team players.

Cons

must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. There is no formal training. you must be willing to learn on the job. Job responsibilities includes climbing ladders to pull merchandise for customers.

Advice to Management

sales associates should not have to climb ladders and carry merchandise out to customers cars.