Kirkland's
www.kirklands.com Nashville, TN 1000 to 5000 Employees

As a seasoned employee this was the worst employment experience for me. BAD MANAGEMENT

Key Holder (Former Employee)
Brentwood, CA

ProsThe associates all worked very hard to please the store manager

ConsNo training.Management constantly lied. Manager always negative to employees. The constant threat is: corporate camera is watching your performance++

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining, training, training for key holders. "Positive" management style. Remember there are customers in the store during floor moves and corporate needs to be considerate of that fact when placing a time limit on the moves. Being threatened daily with: “corporate cameras are watching” does not present a positive work environment. Hire managers who are not chronic liars.

Worst corporate values I've ever encountered

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Kirkland's part-time for less than a year

Pros: met a lot of nice people who were also screwed. Can't really… Cons: Did not inform employees that it was a temporary job until after we started. Hire too many people, Do one wrong thing and your schedule… Advice to Senior Management: Stop treating your employees like theives from day one. they walk you to the door when your shift is over and check your bag and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fun but underpaid for all the hard work

Store Manager (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

I worked at Kirkland's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: It's a fun place to work and some of the people are great to… Cons: Not enough time to finish anything. Little compensation for all the work that… Advice to Senior Management: Let the store managers run the store, there is to much hand holding which makes it hard for someone in charge… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Kirkland's.

Worked for Kirkland's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kirkland's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kirkland's CEO Robert E. Alderson. All reviews posted anonymously by Kirkland's employees.