Kitchen Collection

Unclaimed Profile
Add Review

Decent Retail Employer

I worked at Kitchen Collection

Pros

It was definitely better than working at a big box store

Cons

Being a small business means not much room for advancement and having to do the little things such as cleaning and unloading freight that you wouldn't do at a larger business.

Advice to Management

Keep empowering store managers

reviews filtered by

Great at first

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Kitchen Collection

Pros

The people that I worked directly with where Inspiring. The day to day job is not very hard. It can be frustrating at times, because there are constant plan o gram changes, but cuts in payroll. The salary was just OK. Wages where frozen for Two years.

Cons

Communication from upper management was poor to nonexistent. Half the time they just don't answer their phones.

Advice to Management

You need to get out to the stores and see whats really going on. There is zero communication between the stores and corp.

2. Positive for the most part

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Kitchen Collection part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, pay was alright for a part time position, loved our products

Cons

hours were being cut more and more each month, upper level management was disrespectful and out of touch,

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and respect them, don't try to control them or act petty, you're not in the store everyday so you don't really know whats going on with day to day needs or operations. With the hour cuts I couldn't hold on to the job anymore and had to let go, it was hard to do because I loved the store I worked in. I worked very hard and was never thanked or offered any open store management positions at stores opening elsewhere. I worked as the store's assistant manager for two years without missing a day and only was offered a total of 50 cents for a raise during those two years.