Kiva Systems
www.kivasystems.com North Reading, MA 150 to 499 Employees

Kiva Work Environment Going Downhill

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsKiva has cool orange robots that provide a great conversation starter with your friends and family, and the people are very nice if you're a lower-level employee and rarely interact with anyone at or above a "director" level.

ConsKiva Management needs a lot of improvement. They have a tendency to overload employees with work. When things slip, there have been several instances when very hard-working people have been reprimanded.

Kiva publicly praises its employees with "uRock" awards. These awards appear to be given to employees who work long hours to fix something that should have never been broken or managed to complete a project that was far from being resourced properly.

On more than one occasion, they have made employees responsible for projects with no resources, and have then placed the employee on probation when their project doesn't move forward. The culture is that you must compete with your peers over the same scarce resources if you want to win.

Last, senior management has difficulty receiving bad news.

Advice to Senior ManagementKiva, watch out. You're about to lose your best people as the economy gets better. Most people have one foot already out the door. And get your head out of the sand. You need to welcome bad news, not berate people when they don't do a good enough job "positioning" news you don't want to hear.

Fast growing, cutting edge technology, great people, and cool orange robots

Sr. Manager (Current Employee)
    North Reading, MA

I have been working at Kiva Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Kiva Systems has the best blend of 1) Great technology- who else gets to build and deploy thousands of autonomous robots each year 2) Awesome people-… Cons: We are growing fast, and the technology is evolving so quickly, this is not a 9-5 job. There is just so much to do… Advice to Senior Management: Management needs to balance the fast growth of the company. There is no easy fix, but… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fast paced and cool technology!

North Reading, MA

I have been working at Kiva Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Kiva is growing by 4x as a subsidiary of Amazon. We are innovating daily and moving fast to revolutionize the way orders are fulfilled.… Cons: Sometimes the pace is too intense and there are points during… Advice to Senior Management: Keep finding ways to set priorities and keep the pace in check. We know you care about the people… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Kiva Systems.

Worked for Kiva Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kiva Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kiva Systems CEO Michael Mountz. All reviews posted anonymously by Kiva Systems employees.