Kiwi Crate

www.kiwicrate.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kiwi Crate

Best Internship Experience Ever.

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Mountain View, CA
Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Kiwi Crate as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

It was pretty small when I got there, the management team had about 25 people and a good number were contract staff. But that means that as an intern I had the opportunity to dabble in many things as well.

Office culture was good, there was almost no hierachy- I could speak to the CEO directly. There were also team games every friday and team lunches on the company's account every wednesday.

The marketing team members were very willing to teach me and share their experience and expertise, and trusting enough to assign me tasks as well, which was great. I learnt a lot about social media through the hands-on experience. My manager let me spearhead their awards strategy on my own, which showed how trusting she was and how generous she was in finding things for me to do.

It's also super exciting to be part of such a swiftly growing company. You get to watch the team expand, and to forge new ground with them everyday.

This internship experience turned out to be a great highlight of my resume. Thanks Kiwi Crate.

Cons

It takes about 15 minutes to walk to the Caltrain and 20 minutes to walk to a Bus Stop, which can get tiring, but if you drive, it's not a problem.

18 Other Employee Reviews for Kiwi Crate (View Most Recent)

under-appreciated workers

I worked at Kiwi Crate full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-You get to be a part of a great product and see all aspects of the business.
    -All teams work closely together and people are generally friendly.
    -Location is great
    -Kid Testing is really fun, and the work atmosphere is casual

Cons

-The CEO (and other upper management) can be pretty condescending. I understand that they're under the most pressure and they can't hand-hold everyone. But there's no excuse for the way they often times talk down to people for small mistakes.
    -It all feels very clique-y and you can tell immediately what the office politics are like.
    -Getting paid is also a hassle, and the office is not very organized.
    -it can be difficult to figure out exactly what you are supposed to do because people are giving you conflicting orders.
    -You will feel very under-appreciated.
    -You will be expected to work long hours.

Stop treating some of your employees like dirt under your shoes.

Collaborative and exciting learning experience for the industrious employee.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Kiwi Crate full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Lots of collaboration and inter-departmental experience: learn a lot from all fields regardless of your department: marketing/aquisition, biz dev, operations, and product dev.
    - Trust: if you are a proven employee, you can take on projects you want to do and they will give you ownership of it, lots of empowerment.
    - Flexibility: as obstacles or opportunities present themselves, there is often a need to adapt, this company adapts and responds quickly.
    - Communication: clear communication from executive team on direction and focus.
    - People: all the employees are hard working and supportive of one another, collaborations are easy and very effective. Lots of smart people.
    - Proud: very customer service oriented, the product is high quality and the goal is to delight the customer. Lots of positive feedback via email and Facebook.
    - Fun: lots of social people, company off-sites, team building events, happy hours as a company
    - Convenient: 15 min walk from Caltrain, in central location in MV, delivered/subsidized lunch options everyday (with company paid lunches once a week)

Cons

- Startup seating arrangement: all desks in one room
    - Longer hours: expected to be checking emails evenings/weekends
    - Demanding: many time consuming side projects present themselves outside of normal workflow

I believe that hiring more people to keep up with the amount of work generated by product development and marketing would increase productivity toward growth. The more entry-level people that are employed to take on the side projects would allow your more senior or experienced staff to focus on the main products. More clarity on growth or career opportunities would be appreciated to give your staff something to work toward.

Side note, subsidize a little more of the lunch cost, it makes a big difference.

There are newer employer reviews for Kiwi Crate