There are newer employer reviews for Kiwi Crate

Hands-on process driven managers

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mountain View, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Kiwi Crate as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Work with kids
Create/design new crafts for kids
Good hard workers

Cons

High turnover
Underpaid workers
Long hours
Too much overhead

Empower employees and let them take ownership of products

18 Other Employee Reviews for Kiwi Crate (View Most Recent)

Frenzied Fun

I worked at Kiwi Crate full-time for less than a year

Pros

-There are many opportunities to be creative and try out new ideas quickly
    -If you like kids (or you're a big kid yourself), there are always kids running around during product testing -- lots of fun!
    -Opportunities to make contributions/learn from many different departments; not hierarchical since it's a small company
    -Leadership sets a good example by pitching in WHEREVER there's a need, no matter how big or small
    -If you think of an idea or project, you can often take the reins on it (this can be good or bad, but if you're the type who loves to constantly learn new skills, then you'll definitely have the opportunity to do so)
    -Weekly (or biweekly) Friday Olympics and company-sponsored lunches where we all eat family style -- provides an opportunity to get to know people you don't often work with

Cons

-Moves at a very fast pace; many still check/respond to emails late in the evening and on weekends
    -Constantly shifting priorities, which means it can be difficult to know where and how much to focus

Help new employees identify goals and objectives, so he/she has a good sense of the "big picture" and why they were hired

Worst job experience of my career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Kiwi Crate for less than a year

Pros

I like interacting with all the children

Cons

I'm actually surprised at some of the higher rated reviews and suspect they are fake as they were so far from my experience Upper management is very unorganized, and even worse, is disrespectful to staff. To make matters worse, it's hard to get paid. But perhaps my biggest problem is that there are some ethical problems with Kiwi Crate. I observed that the managing team would stoop to low, shady activities to get ahead of the competition. Even worse is the way they try to manipulate their customers. A very tense place to work based on a culture of dishonesty and fear.

Put you people and your customers first and don't hyper-focus on the bottom line

There are newer employer reviews for Kiwi Crate

Worked for Kiwi Crate? Contribute to the Community!