Kiwi Crate

www.kiwicrate.com

Not all it is cracked up to be

Warehouse (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsThe concept is great in that it fosters creativity for children.
Some of the employees are very nice
Very clean facility

Cons-I worked in the warehouse and left before my first 30 days were up. I wanted to work my way up but was discontent with the way some workers are treated.
-Poor pay for warehouse workers who are on their feet all day - $9/hr. There was no way I could see staying there doing manual labor and being exhausted for a few dollars a day.
-Lunch and snacks are provided for the office staff while there is nothing provided for the warehouse staff at all.
-Items for the kits are all imported from China and I'm not sure some of the things are safe such as the glue, glowsticks, etc.
-Warehouse employees are hired on as contractors so that they don't have to give the option of health insurance & other benefits.

Advice to Senior Management-Instead of purchasing food daily for the office staff you should increase the pay of the hardworking people who assemble the boxes to go out.
-Have a reward system when goals are met for the warehouse staff.

Hands-on process driven managers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

I worked at Kiwi Crate as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Work with kids Create/design new crafts for kids Good hard workers Cons: High turnover Underpaid workers Long hours Too much overhead Advice to Senior Management: Empower employees and let them take ownership of products No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Frenzied Fun

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kiwi Crate full-time for less than a year

Pros: -There are many opportunities to be creative and try out new ideas quickly -If you like kids (or you're a big kid yourself), there are always… Cons: -Moves at a very fast pace; many still check/respond to emails late in the evening and on… Advice to Senior Management: Help new employees identify goals and objectives, so he/she has a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Kiwi Crate.

Worked for Kiwi Crate? Contribute to the Community!