There are newer employer reviews for Kixeye

Hard work. Rewarding

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kixeye full-time for less than a year

Pros

Smart people
Good games
Great office
Perks: free food, gym, "unlimited" vacation

This is only my second job since graduating from college, but I certainly like it a lot more than my last. I'd say the culture is kind of made for me - pretty much everyone shares my sense of humor, which is weird. The games that they were already making brought me here, but the game I'm working on is making me stay. I can see myself here for a really long time.

Cons

Long hours
Can be aggressive at times
A lot of new faces

I've heard a few co-workers talk about a "culture of fear". I'm slightly on the fence about it because I think there should be a bit of fear around missing dates and schedules. Honestly, I think the people that complain about that want a safer work environment and are better suited to a larger, slower moving company or maybe a position that isn't as critical to product delivery.

Add more positive reinforcement. Celebrate victories. Put more game genres in the pipeline.

89 Other Employee Reviews for Kixeye (View Most Recent)

Quite literally the best company to work for in the world

Current Employee - Manager of Customer Support  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager of Customer Support in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kixeye full-time for more than a year

Pros

Brilliant people, amazing and fun culture, takes great care of its people, focused leadership.

Cons

Could be better at work-life balance, but that's sort of what you sign up for with a startup.

We all heart you.

Great place to work if you love your work...

Current Employee - Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kixeye full-time for less than a year

Pros

Kixeye is profitable and growing fast.
    Innovation is very fast and the company is very agile.
    Lots of individual growth opportunity up and across the company.
    The company values work life balance but has a work hard play hard culture.
    For a small gaming company it's actually quite diverse. There are women in high level management and VP positions as well as engineering roles. African, Latin, and Asian Americans throughout the company.
    Kixeye regularly offers paid internships to talented individuals looking to enter the gaming industry. They work as professional members of the team regardless of their age.
    Great health and vacation benefits.

Cons

A fast growing company has growing pains. Creating and adopting software practices that are common in older companies is a little challenging.
    Kixeye holds a very high standard for its employees, which comes with a brutal policy of terminating those that can't meet and maintain that standard. When notified you are not up to par you get a very narrow window to fix the problem.
    Company structure is too flat and needs more middle management.

It is a creative culture. Management should be careful not to allow process, and policy change that culture as a side effect of growth.

There are newer employer reviews for Kixeye

Worked for Kixeye? Contribute to the Community!