Kixeye

There are newer employer reviews for Kixeye

Unprofessional Atmosphere and Poor Career Development

Former Employee - Gameplay Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Gameplay Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Kixeye full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Salary is moderately high, and there is a very low bar to get in to work at the company if you are looking for a place to start in the industry. If you have been in the industry and are desperate for a job then this is an easy place to start at.

Cons

Very unprofessional atmosphere which I do not suggest any minority or female to look into working here over elsewhere. Many developers work late due to unrealistic work deadlines, and working on weekends a guarantee. It's very much a culture of fear where the CEO makes no qualms about firing or threatening to fire people for a multitude of reasons.

Benefits at this company are very insignificant for the amount of work and verbal abuse from the top that you will be subject to, regardless of the job position you have.

I really can't stress enough that if you are a female or minority then this is probably not the place for you. I strongly suggest that if you have the choice then you will choose to not work here.

The biggest thing you could do to help your company is to find another CEO.

92 Other Employee Reviews for Kixeye (View Most Recent)

Fun, interesting, not really what I was expecting

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kixeye full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Culture is great. My team is great. My boss is great. Work comes in at a steady pace, I'm never required to stay longer than normal working hours. Unlimited PTO, company-wide bonus system to be enacted this year

Cons

I personally like the CEO but he rubs >80% of the company the wrong way. The game EPs are almost always in "sky is falling" mode. 25-35% of the company probably doesn't know what their main responsibilities are.

Hire more senior staff who know what they're doing. Don't think that because you don't add new content in a game all its users are gonna flock away immediately. Take some time to fix more bugs to help retain players better.

Best job of my career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kixeye full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great products
    Great perks
    Nice office
    Lots of smart people

Simply put, I think a lot of other gaming companies in North America either don't get it or simply don't have a passion for making good games. Especially in the "social' space.

Cons

Hours can be long during crunch times.
    We've grown fast and made a few hiring mistakes.

Don't sell your soul and don't sacrifice quality for scale

There are newer employer reviews for Kixeye