Great start, but can we follow through?

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kixeye full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart, experienced, relaxed people who understand fun, and the immense amount of hard work that goes into shipping fun.

Cons

"getting things done and getting them done well" has evaporated in the past year. Of three games in development, one is behind schedule, and one is slipping.

Higher management seems enthralled by several non-game projects that seem to us grunts to be a dangerous distraction from producing more games. Culture is starting to erode as KIXEYE scales up, and especially with a lot of hires from failed game companies who don't get how we operate.

Other Reviews for Kixeye

Unprofessional Atmosphere and Poor Career Development

Former Employee - Gameplay Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Gameplay Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Kixeye full-time for less than a year

Pros

Salary is moderately high, and there is a very low bar to get in to work at the company if you are looking for a place to start in the industry. If you have been in the industry and are desperate for a job then this is an easy place to start at.

Cons

Very unprofessional atmosphere which I do not suggest any minority or female to look into working here over elsewhere. Many developers work late due to unrealistic work deadlines, and working on weekends a guarantee. It's very much a culture of fear where the CEO makes no qualms about firing or threatening to fire people for a multitude of reasons.

Benefits at this company are very insignificant for the amount of work and verbal abuse from the top that you will be subject to, regardless of the job position you have.

I really can't stress enough that if you are a female or minority then this is probably not the place for you. I strongly suggest that if you have the choice then you will choose to not work here.

The biggest thing you could do to help your company is to find another CEO.

Fun, interesting, not really what I was expecting

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kixeye full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture is great. My team is great. My boss is great. Work comes in at a steady pace, I'm never required to stay longer than normal working hours. Unlimited PTO, company-wide bonus system to be enacted this year

Cons

I personally like the CEO but he rubs >80% of the company the wrong way. The game EPs are almost always in "sky is falling" mode. 25-35% of the company probably doesn't know what their main responsibilities are.

Hire more senior staff who know what they're doing. Don't think that because you don't add new content in a game all its users are gonna flock away immediately. Take some time to fix more bugs to help retain players better.

There are newer employer reviews for Kixeye.

Worked for Kixeye? Contribute to the Community!