Kixeye
www.kixeye.com San Francisco, CA 500 to 999 Employees

If you are great at your job and constantly strive to improve, you will be rewarded and love your time here.

Marketing (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kixeye full-time for more than a year

ProsI'm going to try to say things that have not already been said by most others. Technically, I would rate KIXEYE 4.5 stars, but as that is not an option I will round up.

Everyone is held accountable for their jobs. If you're not pulling your weight, you won't be here long. I greatly appreciate this as it eliminates weak links in departments. Some people think this contributes to an atmosphere of fear but if you are afraid for your job, you're probably not giving 100%.

I greatly enjoy the mandatory company Paintball outings every 6 months and the occasional renting out of the IMAX theater to see a movie. Each department also has their own regular outings to build teamwork.

ConsOthers have stated that the bar to get in is low, which is an utter lie. The bar to get in is set so high (sometimes frustratingly so) that I have seen many good candidates get rejected, including many of my personal references. The reason why this is a “Con” is that I've seen Management reject a candidate, that has been endorsed by several others that interviewed them first, with the thought that something better is going to come along. This causes positions to go many months without being filled, again with many qualified candidates getting passed over.

Basically, if you apply for a job here and get rejected, I would not take it too hard. You have to be something VERY specific to be accepted.

Advice to Senior ManagementDepartments tend to work in isolated pods with only the senior management as the communication tool between them. This is a purposeful decision made by the CEO but I still question its validity. I would like to see more of a public exchange of ideas between departments.

KIXEYE breeds a culture of awesome.

Technical Recruiter (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kixeye full-time for less than a year

Pros: Excellent Benefits, Very transparent culture, advancement based on merit, flexible… Cons: High pressure environment is not for everybody. Advice to Senior Management: I have none at this time. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Move fast, work hard, learn a lot and have a blast

Senior Gameplay Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kixeye full-time for more than a year

Pros: Disclosure: I felt compelled to write a review for KIXEYE after reading some of the bogus reviews here. Voluntary attrition is extremely low… Cons: - Work pace can be brutal. Have worked a few weekends here and there - Had a very bad experience with my former manager and… Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you are doing and more of it. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Kixeye.

Worked for Kixeye? Contribute to the Community!

Kixeye – Why Work for Us?

​​ Founded in 2007, KIXEYE is an online gaming company that plays to win. KIXEYE currently has over 500 employees based in its San Francisco headquarters, along with international offices in Brisbane, Australia… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kixeye reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kixeye CEO Will Harbin. All reviews posted anonymously by Kixeye employees.