There are newer employer reviews for Kixeye

If you are great at your job and constantly strive to improve, you will be rewarded and love your time here.

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kixeye full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm going to try to say things that have not already been said by most others. Technically, I would rate KIXEYE 4.5 stars, but as that is not an option I will round up.

Everyone is held accountable for their jobs. If you're not pulling your weight, you won't be here long. I greatly appreciate this as it eliminates weak links in departments. Some people think this contributes to an atmosphere of fear but if you are afraid for your job, you're probably not giving 100%.

I greatly enjoy the mandatory company Paintball outings every 6 months and the occasional renting out of the IMAX theater to see a movie. Each department also has their own regular outings to build teamwork.

Cons

Others have stated that the bar to get in is low, which is an utter lie. The bar to get in is set so high (sometimes frustratingly so) that I have seen many good candidates get rejected, including many of my personal references. The reason why this is a “Con” is that I've seen Management reject a candidate, that has been endorsed by several others that interviewed them first, with the thought that something better is going to come along. This causes positions to go many months without being filled, again with many qualified candidates getting passed over.

Basically, if you apply for a job here and get rejected, I would not take it too hard. You have to be something VERY specific to be accepted.

Advice to Management

Departments tend to work in isolated pods with only the senior management as the communication tool between them. This is a purposeful decision made by the CEO but I still question its validity. I would like to see more of a public exchange of ideas between departments.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. KIXEYE breeds a culture of awesome.

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kixeye full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent Benefits, Very transparent culture, advancement based on merit, flexible hours.

Cons

High pressure environment is not for everybody.

Advice to Management

I have none at this time.

Fun, chaotic, set up to fall..

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Kixeye full-time

Pros

Flexible PTO
    Catered lunch
    Great team, smart people
    Fun and creative workplace

Cons

Poor work/life balance
    Snobby executives
    Questionable culture
    No new products for a long time
    High turnover
    High stress

Advice to Management

Worry less about the 'culture' and care more for the employees who work hard to make good products