Kixeye

www.kixeye.com
  www.kixeye.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kixeye

Glad I worked there when it was smaller, and while there are lots of things I miss, I am happier now that I am gone.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Kixeye full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Super smart, super interesting, and super dedicated people making fun games. Working at KIXEYE will absolutely give you an opportunity to improve your current skill sets and learn new skills along the way. One thing I loved about KIXEYE was it is an environment where I felt like I could truly "be myself", and I got to laugh out loud every day. The pay was good, and the performance and referral bonuses I received during my time there were also quite generous.

Cons

This is absolutely a "lifestyle company", meaning for most people to succeed there, the company has to become your life. As you can imagine, the work / life balance was far from optimal.

I was also one of the people who feel they were let go as a "sacrificial lamb". Many people have already mentioned the "blame game", and "culture of fear" as cons of KIXEYE, and I would have to agree.

Still, I have and will continue to recommended KIXEYE to friends. But have also cautioned them that the company can be like a hot, smart, rich girlfriend/boyfriend with a big ego who tend to blame someone other than themselves when things go wrong. You feel lucky that you get to be with someone so amazing while you are with them, but they might break up with you at anytime for something that may or may not actually be your fault.

A little humility can go a long way.

90 Other Employee Reviews for Kixeye (View Most Recent)

Best job I ever had

I have been working at Kixeye

Pros

Fun and collaborative environment where hard work is rewarded

Cons

Work life balance can be hard sometimes due to the heavy workload, but hey.. it's a growing a thriving company. Once should expect this from a company that is doing well.

Please be as transparent as possible in terms of future plans for the company and it's employees.

Game changing move for my career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kixeye full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Passionate company, great people, fantastic benefits, good learning opportunities

Cons

Fast paced, high pressure environment can be stressful

Encouragement of cross team collaboration

There are newer employer reviews for Kixeye