There are newer employer reviews for Kixeye

Good people, but keep your head down!

Former Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Kixeye full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great facilities, talented team members in general, and great opportunities to work on large projects. Great pay & benefits. If there are enough layers between you and the top execs, it can be a rewarding & high energy experience.

Cons

Executive management is rule-by-fear. Their inability to execute successfully in Mobile games has left them vulnerable and scared, and this leads to thrashing & chaos. This is more of a con the higher up in the organization you are working.

Get rid of Harbin and get back to the values of the founders, Dave & Paul.

90 Other Employee Reviews for Kixeye (View Most Recent)

KIXEYE is a sad, pathetic place to work!

Former Employee - Ops in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Ops in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Kixeye full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are some good people that work for this company.

Cons

Lets see, KIXEYE misleads you about the quarterly bonuses (it is often not paid or paid less than the full amount) the culture is a train wreck (culture of fear), some of the execs are terrible leaders (the CFO is the only worthy exec), they do not value people and are quick to terminate. The problem is a top down issue that those at the top are ignorant or unable to see or change the issues, despite indicating them. Those who work hard and stand out usually wash out because peers throw them under bus. The smarter ones don't tend to last a year and move on. Very few actually make it to their one year anniversary.

Fire the CEO, the CTO and a few of your VP's. Time to clean house and bring in fresh new leadership that leads, inspires, cares about people and will work to improve the company, the culture, the customer service, the companies reputation and the games. The CEO sits in his office and play games all day and barks at people. Will is not a people person, is not friendly has an serious ego and attitude problem and is responsible for the broken
    "culture of fear" that plagues the company. He is overpaid for what he does and is not CEO material, he should be a game test engineer or game designer. The way you handle OKR's is neurotic and a huge waste of time and resources.

KIXEYE is AWESOME!!!

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kixeye full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love my team, the games we make and even my boss and management. KIXEYE is the place to be if you want to work with the most talented, passionate group of hard core game devs in the biz. Management is very conscious of making sure people work on projects that they are passionate about and are always available to listen and brainstorm ideas for existing games, new game ideas or how to improve how we operate. Its refreshing and motivating to be at a company where execs and management are passionate about making great games.

Cons

The company operates at an incredible pace which can be challenging for some people transitioning from the core game space. Some people can not adapt to this pace and struggle in this environment.

I've recommended that we implement some sort of game jam to encourage and facilitate development of new game concepts and prototypes. I've brought this up with execs and they seem open to it, I just want to see it actually happen.

There are newer employer reviews for Kixeye