Kixeye

www.kixeye.com
  www.kixeye.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kixeye

Good people, but keep your head down!

Former Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Kixeye full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great facilities, talented team members in general, and great opportunities to work on large projects. Great pay & benefits. If there are enough layers between you and the top execs, it can be a rewarding & high energy experience.

Cons

Executive management is rule-by-fear. Their inability to execute successfully in Mobile games has left them vulnerable and scared, and this leads to thrashing & chaos. This is more of a con the higher up in the organization you are working.

Get rid of Harbin and get back to the values of the founders, Dave & Paul.

92 Other Employee Reviews for Kixeye (View Most Recent)

KIXEYE is AWESOME!!!

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kixeye full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love my team, the games we make and even my boss and management. KIXEYE is the place to be if you want to work with the most talented, passionate group of hard core game devs in the biz. Management is very conscious of making sure people work on projects that they are passionate about and are always available to listen and brainstorm ideas for existing games, new game ideas or how to improve how we operate. Its refreshing and motivating to be at a company where execs and management are passionate about making great games.

Cons

The company operates at an incredible pace which can be challenging for some people transitioning from the core game space. Some people can not adapt to this pace and struggle in this environment.

I've recommended that we implement some sort of game jam to encourage and facilitate development of new game concepts and prototypes. I've brought this up with execs and they seem open to it, I just want to see it actually happen.

Eye on the Prize

I have been working at Kixeye full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are motivated and are committed to adding value at every step, you will succeed here. While KIXEYE has grown substantially it still has the “stay scrappy” mentality at its core. If you are energized by the challenge of a steep learning curve, this is the place for you.

Cons

The pace of the company is high and requires that you stay agile. You’ll need to balance both strategic and tactical level objectives in order to prioritize effectively.

Articulate and reinforce the path to success in every employee interaction and company level meeting.

There are newer employer reviews for Kixeye