Capricious and Arbitrary

Former Employee - Executive Producer in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Executive Producer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Kixeye full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kixeye has more talented, mature, and experienced staff than your average free-to-play studio. Too bad they've largely given up.

Cons

The CEO indoctrinates all new employees with twenty-minute lecture describing how much he like to fire people. Pretty much tells the tale.

reviews filtered by

Work hard, get sh!t done, not for the lazy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kixeye full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Every company has good and bad. I believe that to be happy here, you need to be committed to being excellent. I personally like working with people who are like this, and I thrive in this atmosphere. The people are cool, but driven. The free gourmet lunch twice a week, stocked kitchen are cool perks. Plus a take-what-you-need vacation policy is nice.

Cons

I don't love the office layout, as it can be hard to concentrate. But I just find an open office.

Advice to Management

Keep asking us how to improve and then follow through, like you've been doing. It great to know you are listening.

If you are the right personality type (bulldog), this is a good company to work for.

I have been working at Kixeye full-time

Pros

They hire extremely talented people - these are some of the most experienced teams I've worked with. There is a lot of positive energy on teams. The location is great, as are the benefits.

Cons

There are still growing pains around learning to be best-in-market rather than first-to-market. Time will tell if the company can learn and adapt. There are still instances when we are mandated to make shortcuts that hurt the product in the long run, in the name of getting things done quickly.

Advice to Management

Trust your people. You continue to hire great employees who know how to get the job done. Let them!