There are newer employer reviews for Klick

Awesome - I'm really good at what I do and I'm NOT good at politics - That's OK here.

Current Employee - Client Services in Princeton, NJ
Current Employee - Client Services in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Klick full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I'm used to being the one to drag all of my colleagues up hill with me but I'm running in a crowd of really strong folks here. I didn't always fit in at other places but here I like up nicely with the team mentality.

Cons

I know I fit well here but it's not for everyone. The culture is pretty clear here and if you're note a great fit then you won't love the experience.

Advice to Management

I've got cronies in Jersey, Philly and Chicago that all want to make a move after that Ice Cream Truck Recruiting move - you guys should move quickly to hire people up!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great Culture but an Environment that Shifts

Former Employee - Flash Developer in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Flash Developer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Klick full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I learned so much here and I loved my team and the extended team. Usually I sit in a den with other Flash devs but I worked with an extended team on a couple of accounts that were really smart people. I've never worked that hard but it's an environment of constant wins so the work hard play hard stuff was fun.

Cons

The company is adapting to stay competitive and that can be a lot to take in. I like to go deep on a brand or two over a year. I only ever worked on one or two at a time but I was allocated to new brands every quarter as the company grew. That might be good for some but not really my think. I had to work the odd night or weekend but the life balance was fine. The time at the office was really intense though and although I'd get home at a reasonable time I was sometimes wiped and went to bed early. The people there are intense and so were my work days.

Advice to Management

See if people have a preference of being on brands for long periods and try to allocate them that way. Some designers might thrive on variety but I would have preferred to stay on the same brands for a year or so.

2. Systems Administrator

Former Employee - Systems Administrative in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Systems Administrative in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Klick

Pros

The company had lots of hard working people. I've worked at lots of agencies and there were always great teams of people but there lots of smart people at Klick that were really technically savvy which made the job interesting in systems.

Cons

The pro of hard working people was a bit of a double-edged sword to be honest. Hard working people can also have vvveeerrryyy high expectations of the systems team and i had to stay on my toez to meet the demands. The systems team knows their stuff but we had expectations of being almost customer service reps and have really fast turn around times to support client-facing employees which made it stressful at times. Klick had lots of new starts and not a lot of departures when it came to head count so we were constantly ordering new tech and having to setup from scratch versus recycling tech from departing employees - 20 new setups a month was a lot of work at times.

Advice to Management

Narrow the options for technology to just Mac's and iPhone instead of so many technical options for staff. It will make keeping people up and running a lot easier for systems.