There are newer employer reviews for Kline & Company

Out of date and questionable research methods.

Former Contractor - Freelance
Former Contractor - Freelance

I worked at Kline & Company as a contractor

Pros

Research work was relatively easy. Work schedule was flexible. Client was friendly.

Cons

My client was consistently late (as in weeks/month) in reviewing/verifying my work, often instructing me to move forward despite the fact that I relied on her input (ok data) in order to write my report. This led to numerous errors and revisions. Report updates were tailored to satisfy paying clients rather than represent the facts. Revisions to historical reports, even if necessary, were frowned upon, leading to compounded errors. Plus, additional work was requested without additional pay. No history of previous calculations; I've never seen this before. How do they know how previous analysts arrived at their numbers?

Advice to Management

Should really review/revamp entire report process.

Kline & Company Response

Aug 12, 2013 – Recruiter

We are disappointed to hear you had such a negative experience cooperating as a freelance associate with Kline. We strongly disagree with some of your statements and specifically your assertation ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Kline is clearly an employer of choice

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Kline & Company as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Kline is a well respected industry leader in both market research and management consulting. It is unique in that all levels of employees gain incredible exposure and experience to both clients and Kline management while working in a collegial and supportive environment. At Kline, you are not judged by face time in the office, rather, results. They respect and model work/life balance - which is very difficult to find in any company, especially in this industry!

Cons

I have not experienced any negatives working for Kline.

Advice to Management

Don't change a thing!

2. Good

I have been working at Kline & Company

Pros

Interesting work, great people and collaboration, and excellent credentials in eyes of clients. Having a publications business as well as a consulting business gives a tool hat many firms have to go outside for; consistent contact with clients due to those studies also provides benefits to the consulting team.

Cons

Some seniors don't pull their weight and don't engage well with juniors but this is not uniform. Sometimes lacking tools that larger firms have