Great work/life balance and interesting work

I have been working at Kline & Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are several perks that I have seen with Kline, noted below:
Access to Kline Senior Leadership – Kline is a non-hierarchical organization, all levels of leadership are approachable and available at any time for a discussion, and your ideas are heard
Flexibility - management understands the need for work/life balance and believes that there is give and take, as long as the work gets accomplished
Client Access – Firm cultural belief that whoever does the work/research earns the right to present it to and interact with the client
Upward Movement – Promotions are merit-based, not need-based or time at level
Rapid Knowledge Base Development – Work across industry and functional practices - good variety of projects, clients, and teams within the Kline organization (typical projects are around 3 months)

Cons

Has the typical challenges of a small company
- low purchasing leverage for healthcare and other benefits
- smaller external budget for IT, training, etc. than larger firms (but good support and internal initiatives)
- less policies and formal processes established an in place than competing firms (less structured)

Other Reviews for Kline & Company

Kline is clearly an employer of choice

I have been working at Kline & Company as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Kline is a well respected industry leader in both market research and management consulting. It is unique in that all levels of employees gain incredible exposure and experience to both clients and Kline management while working in a collegial and supportive environment. At Kline, you are not judged by face time in the office, rather, results. They respect and model work/life balance - which is very difficult to find in any company, especially in this industry!

Cons

I have not experienced any negatives working for Kline.

Don't change a thing!

Out of date and questionable research methods.

Former Employee - Freelance
    Former Employee - Freelance

I worked at Kline & Company as a contractor

Pros

Research work was relatively easy. Work schedule was flexible. Client was friendly.

Cons

My client was consistently late (as in weeks/month) in reviewing/verifying my work, often instructing me to move forward despite the fact that I relied on her input (ok data) in order to write my report. This led to numerous errors and revisions. Report updates were tailored to satisfy paying clients rather than represent the facts. Revisions to historical reports, even if necessary, were frowned upon, leading to compounded errors. Plus, additional work was requested without additional pay. No history of previous calculations; I've never seen this before. How do they know how previous analysts arrived at their numbers?

Should really review/revamp entire report process.

Kline & Company Response

Aug 12, 2013Recruiter

We are disappointed to hear you had such a negative experience cooperating as a freelance associate with Kline. We strongly disagree with some of your statements and specifically your assertation ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Kline & Company.

Worked for Kline & Company? Contribute to the Community!