Great company, poorly run

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Kloeckner Metals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The salary was good. The co-workers were friendly. The benefits package was generous. There was tuition reimbursement offered. Some managers were excellent at managing staff while not alienating personnel.

Cons

Promotions promised, but not delivered. Management contributes to drama within the workplace. The amount of gossip and back-biting participated in by all levels of management created an uneasy and unproductive working environment. Double standard within the company. No consistency in management of staff.

Advice to Management

Only promise what can realistically delivered and establish a concrete set of standards and practices to be followed by all employees. Take action on concerns from employees and maintain relational distance between supervisory staff and employees.

Kloeckner Metals Response

May 14, 2015National Coordinator, Recruiting and Staffing

We appreciate you sharing your experience during your time here at Kloeckner Metals Corporation. We always strive to improve our communication with staff and to improve our work environment. Feel ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Was part of the Macsteel acquisition. I have received nothing but support and encouragement. Much progress is being made

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA

I have been working at Kloeckner Metals full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Company is very progressive in its approach and in its strategy. It is a "top 3" player in the steel serviuce center industry and participates in the market from a position of strength. Senior management is open minded and approachable at all times.

Cons

Matrix organization sometimes appears fragmented but the participants all have the best interest of the Company and the employees.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to the ideas and to trust your employees.

A service center that offers opportunities for those who want to be challenged daily!

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Kloeckner Metals full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

My experience has been built around the support of seniour managment who believe and promote the carreer opportunities for those who are dedicated to the goals and success of the company. I am very proud to be a part of the Kloeckner team.

Cons

Company culture may be challenging with the acquision of several companies under the Kloeckner brand. The culture comes from the top down as the facility that I work for has consolidated into another locaiton but upper management as made the transition appear to be seamless as two divisions work under one roof. The message from upper management is to work together as one team selling each others products offering more opportunities/solutions for our customers.

Advice to Management

Continue to support and believe in your people as they have the same goal that you do....to make money!