It's a job, but other employers offer better opportunities.

Former Employee - Electronics Sales Associate  in  The Dalles, OR
Former Employee - Electronics Sales Associate in The Dalles, OR

I worked at Kmart part-time for more than a year

Pros

It provides employment and the employee discounts can be nice.

Cons

You don't get the feeling that the company cares about you at all. Kmart has a high turnover and it seems almost everyone on the floor, except for managers, are either a new hire or someone who can't get another job and doesn't take their current one seriously.

Find better incentives to get quality work from your employees. The customer service cards that employees were supposed to hand out to every single customer they talked to, only to be turned in at checkout, is only an inconvenience to employees and customers, and employees cheat so they don't have to hand them out anyways.

Other Reviews for Kmart

Its a good job if you can't find work elsewhere.

Current Employee - Cash Office Associate  in  Independence, MO
    Current Employee - Cash Office Associate in Independence, MO

I have been working at Kmart part-time for less than a year

Pros

I like the people I work for, I enjoy customer service which I get to do a lot of here. Also, I like the flexibility I have since I am enrolled in full time classes.

Cons

This position is very low paying, to the point of making the rest of my life fairly frustrating.

Management seems fine, depending on your attitude. If you have a bad attitude, you can't really expect them to give you a good attitude in return!

Kmart

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Kmart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good store management. Tries very hard to show the culture of caring.

Cons

The company continues "evolve" and doesn't seem to understand the human element.

Start looking at the big picture. There are to many projects that are due in a week, there is so much clothing in some stores that it will never hit the floor until it goes clearance. The RVP's and up make many decisions that have no direct impact on the customer experience. The SYWR card. Great idea, but it needs to be a card too, not exclusively paperless. We are losing many opportunities to gain new users, by requiring a email address. Spend some real time in a store. Not on a visit where it is all pomp and circumstance. Do it as they do on undercover boss see what a day is really like. This company has huge potential, lets use it!

There are newer employer reviews for Kmart.

Worked for Kmart? Contribute to the Community!