Kmart

There are newer employer reviews for Kmart

Loved working there.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Kmart full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

learning it all makes life easy

Cons

Always cons with any job or company.

Need more indians than chiefs.

1422 Other Employee Reviews for Kmart (View Most Recent)

There's smart, there's KMart smart, and then there's everything else above that.

Former Employee - Personal Shopper in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Personal Shopper in New York, NY

I worked at Kmart part-time (more than an year)

Pros

One major pro is that working there gives you weekly paychecks. Also, you'll make great friends there from multiple different departments. A lot of people are pretty down-to-earth there. Also, there is room for quick promotions given your work habits.

Cons

The cons, however, WAY surpass the pros. No opportunity for a raise. Enough of a discount that'll take off a little past taxes. It'll soon start feeling like you're doing way too much work for the least amount of money they can get away with paying you. Too many chiefs, not enough indians. Managers are never available whenever you call for them, leaving you hung out to dry when customers become irate. You always have to fend for yourself when a customer gets angry with you for KMart policies, sometimes a manager will just walk right by or look and walk the other way. Always being written up for the most outrageous of reasons. Blatant favoritism that leads to unfair promotions and an unfair balance of hours at times. The company as a whole refuses to upgrade to faster technology and would rather undergo repeated register breakdowns than upgrade to registers from this millennium. Aside from that, when either calling out of work or giving notice two weeks in advance of when you need to take personal days off, it's like standing trial to try to defend your case. But people who've been there longer can just call out if their child has a cough.

Upgrade your equipment. Take a second look at who's managing and their attitudes towards their employees.

Pharmacy intern

Current Employee - Pharmacy Intern in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Intern in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Kmart full-time

Pros

Kmart provides great flexibility and help for interns. They let me work at different stores when I had to move to other places. They also let me decide the my working schedules so I can balance my schooling and work perfectly. The working environment is very nice and friendly. The team is supportive and work together.

Cons

Kmart seems not have very stable business and enough budget to implement some technology in the pharmacy.

There are newer employer reviews for Kmart