Loved working there.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Knoxville, TN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Kmart full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

learning it all makes life easy

Cons

Always cons with any job or company.

Need more indians than chiefs.

Other Reviews for Kmart

First Job in High School

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Ridgecrest, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Ridgecrest, CA

I worked at Kmart part-time for more than a year

Pros

Entry level job with entry level pay. They did give me my first real steady job during the holiday season and I was kept on past that. There was also room for growth in the company.

Cons

Can't complain too much. It was a first time job and I got what I expected. I was paid the minimum, I worked every holiday, and I was called in on all the weekends I was scheduled off because others claimed to have been sick.

Terrible management, abhorrent customers and no room for promotion or raise.

Former Employee - Front End Cashier  in  Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Front End Cashier in Everett, WA

I worked at Kmart part-time for more than a year

Pros

During the holidays provide employees with food, and cake for the employees' birthdays. Some individuals in management are personable, however are not receptive to the welfare of the employee.

Cons

No room for a promotion or a raise. Those who have worked at kmart for 5+ years makes the same amount as those newly hired or 5 cents morel. Those who made above minimum wage were let go when the economy turned. Future at Kmart is bleak. Only have one or two cashiers during rush hour and if ask for back up will be ignored by management.

Listen to your employees, add more cashiers especially during rush hours. Recognize the accomplishments of the employees and give them opportunities for promotion or growth within the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Kmart.

Worked for Kmart? Contribute to the Community!