There are newer employer reviews for Kmart

The Kmart corporation doesn't care for their employees.

Current Employee - Cashier in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Cashier in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Kmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

10% discount It's easy to get a job there. Some of the low level employees are nice. At my particular store there is good management.

Cons

The corporate policies are unethical. If you are sick for any reason you need a doctors note and working at Kmart means you most likely can't afford to go to the doctor. Sears credit cards are a scam Depending on the Kmart you work at, you could get fired for having an emergency and not being able to show up. It's retail, you work inconvenient hours, you can plan on missing time with your families for all major holidays except Christmas. Benefits are a joke because they will not pay you enough to get them. They expect you to sell Sears Credit Cards which customers do not want and ask a lot of questions.

Other Employee Reviews for Kmart

1. I worked in the Kmart Pharmacy

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Elkins, WV
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Elkins, WV

I worked at Kmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a job. Not required to already be a pharmacy tech to start working, they train you on site.

Cons

Insurance isn't the greatest. I was promised 25-30 hours a week when I started, and only got 10 hours a week most weeks. They threatened to fire me when I took off 2 weeks because my dad was in the ICU in another city and I had to attend a funeral as well. So I quit.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees better, upgrade the stores

2. No thanks.

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Kmart part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay Fairly decent discount Good if you like talking to people

Cons

Horrible at scheduling Very rude employees

Advice to Management

Maybe make sure you hire the best people for your company. My HR was extremely racist towards a few of my employees. When I was hired I thought that everyone was very friendly, but they ended up treating everyone that was lesser than them like they were dirt. They would constantly give themselves breaks, even when it meant that no one else could. I would call the floor associates and never get an answer on anything, and the customer service workers would get angry at me for asking to help scan alcohol- even though i'm underage, and they would take about ten minutes to get to me, making my customer very angry every time.