Kmart
2.4 of 5 1,118 reviews
www.kmartcorp.com Hoffman Estates, IL 5000+ Employees

Going No Where Fast

Operations Manager (Former Employee)
New Brunswick, NJ

ProsBenefits- Great People- Salary Good , Most people are decent and go out of their way to help you.

ConsLack of work-life balance- Paper pushing is excessive- leaving not enough time to get the actual work done- high expectations with limited resources made available to you.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring on some real merchants and stop flip flopping on most issues. Reduce the amount of proceedures and documents that have to be produced. Save a Tree!!!

Assistant Store Manager Hardlines

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kmart full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good Brands Good Private Label Brand Cons: No traffic Management unwilling to update dated facilities Lack of payroll leads… Advice to Senior Management: Get your act together. While in management I was expected to do it all with no payroll whatsoever. I had just enough people… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Customer Service Representative

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kmart

Pros: Ended up having a good group of people to work… Cons: Bad benefits, not enough hours given, management doesn't really care about employees, hired lots of minimum wage workers and gave them hours… More
There are newer reviews on Kmart.

Worked for Kmart? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kmart reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kmart CEO Edward S. Lampert. All reviews posted anonymously by Kmart employees.