Kneaders Bakery & Cafe

There are newer employer reviews for Kneaders Bakery & Cafe

Well-paid, but unreasonable.

Former Employee - Sandwich Maker in Orem, UT
Former Employee - Sandwich Maker in Orem, UT

I worked at Kneaders Bakery & Cafe full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great pay for a no-degree job. They give you raises really quickly.

Cons

They didn't give you any breaks. While they said it was okay to take a break, they didn't facilitate that and never scheduled enough people during busy times to make it possible. Generally you were expected to work straight through your shift with only a soda from the fountain (which they did give freely) to get you through. I worked there for four months and never once ate anything during my 9-4 shift.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Kneaders Bakery & Cafe (View Most Recent)

Great Place to work/ Don't understand most of the Negative reviews

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I have been working at Kneaders Bakery & Cafe full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have worked here for some time now and been extremely pleased with the company. I am excited to let people know that I work here. I have had other jobs in other industries and this is by far the best place to work. Most of the complaints that I have read through are down right wrong. I have worked with the CEO and owner (Colleen) and know that they do expect people to come to work and give their best. They have high expectations of those that work for them. Personally I like having high expectation in a work place. They are in now way racists as has been put into a review. I have never had an issue with Corporate. When running a franchise there are certain ways things need to be done to maintain standards for the Brand.

I have personally seen the generosity from the Owners and CEO. I have heard conversations about employees and how they can help them in the challenges they have not only at work, but in their private lives.

I have always found it interesting that employees seem to "know better" how to run the business. Yet in all my years of working I have noticed that these are the same employees that go from job to job and complain about how it is run and never are satisfied.

Cons

Are a very busy and fast paced work place. Not really a con if you like being busy at work.

I enjoy the progression the company is making and am excited for the future of Kneaders. I believe that it has the right people leading. I think that Colleen is Great and enjoy her as my employer. I hope to be working here for a long time.

A Not So Great Place To Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parker, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parker, CO

I have been working at Kneaders Bakery & Cafe full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They try to work around their employees schedules, the employees are often friendly and helpful, its a good first job for high school students.

Cons

Breaks are very few and far between, management doesnt really seem to know what they're doing. Bakers and pastry are basically treated like slaves, working anywhere from 10 - 15 hour days up to 6 days a week. Was promised a raise several times and have still not received one. Corporate just kinda throws people out on their own without even so much as a good luck.

Employees working full time (or more) should be offered benefits and well deserved raises. maybe try sending out people who actually know what they're doing when opening new stores so that you can actually keep employees for more than 3 months.

There are newer employer reviews for Kneaders Bakery & Cafe