Knewton

www.knewton.com
  www.knewton.com
There are newer employer reviews for Knewton

Knewton is a great place to work. My peers are passionate and supportive and I am challenged every day.

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in New York, NY
Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Knewton full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The culture is extremely supportive and the business goals create challenges that will help you grow in your career. But not only is Knewton a great place for you! It is also improving education for students around the globe. The people who work at Knewton are passionate about this mission.

Cons

Growth is probably Knewton's biggest challenge. As Knewton grows it is constantly looking to improve practices and procedures. These changes can be painful at times. There are also members of the organization that have been around for a long time that are resistant to the changes.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Knewton (View Most Recent)

Solid culture, team, and opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Knewton full-time (less than an year)

Pros

nice office space / top engineers / transparency and strong leadership from senior mgmt / an unparelleled opportunity as a leader in big data & edtech industries / many employees still here from company's early stage (a great sign)

Cons

we're outgrowing the office space / no company 401K / need more focus on metrics

doing a great job

A great place to work, in a domain with lots of potential.

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Knewton full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Knewton emphasizes hiring talented and motivated people and succeeds at it. Communal space is exceptional and I really like going to work. They are very flexible with my work from home hours. I have great gear and any extras that i need to be comfortable while I work. People here are well balanced and interested in the world. Staff are not only contributing to their jobs, but also to the open source community and to the world at large. There are numerous examples of staff enrichment guilds, and volunteer work, and many scientific papers to be found. Hack days are quite exceptional events. We have whole product lines that exist because of them.

Cons

We are growing fast and we will be a little cramped until we secure our new space.

Keep it up. Get that new space ASAP.

There are newer employer reviews for Knewton