Knight Transportation
www.knighttrans.com Phoenix, AZ 5000+ Employees

Good people, but not always a good environment...

Manager (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

ProsKnight promotes from within, so if you have a desire to work your way up, there are endless possibilities. There are also a lot of honest people in company leadership.

ConsThe benefits are generally not competitive with other major companies. Additionally, they make people salaried employees once someone is going to be making more than $32,000 per year in order to avoid paying overtime. Long hours, lousy pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere may be a need to hire on an outsider or two to help give a fresh perspective.

All work, no life.

Recruiter (Former Employee)
    Eagan, MN

I worked at Knight Transportation full-time for less than a year

Pros: They start you at a decent salary, and let you gain some great… Cons: You do not get a raise until you've been there for a year. You don't ANY vacation/PTO until you've worked there for a year, as… Advice to Senior Management: Give your employees good vacation! They work an average of 54 hour weeks (usually 60+), plus holidays and weekends. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Find a Different Company!!

Driver (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Knight Transportation full-time for less than a year

Pros: Pay is on time and that is about it Cons: Always stranded in places other than home. Lots of downtime with nothing to do. Awful driver management and planner personnel. Office personnel have… Advice to Senior Management: Hire better driver managers and planners, Use better organization techniques,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Knight Transportation.

Worked for Knight Transportation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Knight Transportation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Knight Transportation CEO Kevin P. Knight. All reviews posted anonymously by Knight Transportation employees.