Knight Transportation
www.knighttrans.com Phoenix, AZ 5000+ Employees

Pay your dues before going somewhere else to make fair money

Driver Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFinancially stable company, if you work hard, you will have a job. Co-workers are great and have a general good attitude towards each other. Insurance is good and reasonably priced for single individuals.

ConsThe bonus program is unattainable. There is no raise program - even for cost of living. An OR of 80 is a good goal but it is often achieved at the expense of its operations staff. High turnover is the biggest detractor here. If you have transportation operations experience, look elsewhere. Your work will not be appreciated and once you finally do get into a groove of doing your job, you will be inundated with reports that have to be generated along with running 35+ trucks.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow FINANCIAL appreciation to the employees you have now. High turnover in operations is resulting in high turnover in drivers, both of which are costing you dearly. There will be a mass exodus of operations staff should the job market ever turn around.

Think Carefully About This Industry

Operations Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Knight Transportation

Pros: The people I worked with in middle management were cool. Respect for the truck driver...I was not always the most friendly dispatcher in the… Cons: The pay sucked, the stress level was high, the rewards were minimal, opportunity for real professional advancement was terrible, there was a lot of hypocrisy,… Advice to Senior Management: Promoting people that have never run a truck, such as strictly formerly customer service managers, to the corporate planner positions is just plain… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Awful middle management

Regional Driver (Former Employee)

I worked at Knight Transportation

Pros: Equipment is newer because of leasing. Cons: Low pay(something goes wrong you get the blame pay drops to minimum) Very young middle management most of whom have never driven a truck full… Advice to Senior Management: Pay the driver by the hour and provide something like a 2 week on… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Knight Transportation.

Worked for Knight Transportation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Knight Transportation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Knight Transportation CEO Kevin P. Knight. All reviews posted anonymously by Knight Transportation employees.