Run...Away...Very fast

Current Employee - Tech Support Representative  in  Sioux Falls, SD
Current Employee - Tech Support Representative in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Knology

Pros

Anyone can get hired there and unlimited overtime, management is always on site. Break rooms have ample seating and tv/internet available.

Cons

The pay at Knology is horrible. I could make the same or better flipping burgers. Career advancement is a joke there is nowhere to advance. The more work you do, and the more responsibilities you take on the less likely you are to get a decent raise or shot at a promotion. Front line management/supervisors only do what they absolutely have to in order to not get fired and make it through the day. mid level and upper management are mostly disconnected from what actually goes on and show no wish to change that. I have been with this company going on 4 years and I have gotten a TOTAL of $0.40 in raises since day one, and that is as a "top performer". If a customer asks to speak to a supervisor you will ALWAYS get push-back no matter who it is.

Start practicing what you preach in your values both INSIDE and OUTSIDE the building. Pay people what they are worth instead of what looks good on the bottom line and maybe you will make it up on not having to train loads of replacements.

Other Reviews for Knology

Eh

Current Employee - Dsr  in  Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Dsr in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Knology

Pros

Make your own hours...mostly
    good commision scale

Cons

No lead generation
    no commission before $1250

At one point was a great place to work

Current Employee - Service Technician  in  Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Service Technician in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Knology

Pros

Plenty of hours, a fair wage paid to those who put forth effort. Company vehicles to drive home when you are a service tech or higher plus laptops. and phone to use as well. Most of your co workers are great people to be around. The company stays fairly up to date with technology. Mid level supervisors are great. The maintenance crew is top notch so you don't have to worry a lot about crappy signal to use at the customer premises.

Cons

Over the last year and a half the new management over install and service has been incompetent. You are asked to keep your repeats below %15 but given up to 15 jobs a day and expected to take your time on everyone of them. When the installation and service manager was taken on route with a service tech and the tech was so far behind he couldn't take a lunch, he had him drop him off to eat and pick him up the next job was done. If you are sent to repair a phone and a week later their house is hit by lightning and kills the modem you are considered at fault on your repeats. If you are sent to replace a remote, you are only given 15 min. to replace the remote, and if all the wiring is trashed you are expected to fix it, not the installer who won't do his job right, then you have to make it on time to your next job. It used to be a team oriented place to work but the new management over serv. and install has made it every man for himself. The worst part is that the general management is so clueless that it is the biggest joke in the office that he has no idea whats going on, and if you want to get the attention of the serv. and install management you can find them under the desk of general management. Oh yeah and most of the fleet is trash, maintenance cant keep 2 bucket trucks running for longer than a week.

Listen to your mid level supervisors and your long term employees. Get yourself an installation and service manager who has done service before, and a GM who knows what is going on I have been at there 4 years and see him every morning and he still doesn't know my name and keeps asking about my daughter...I have a son too , but I told him this every morning for the past 4 years

There are newer employer reviews for Knology.

Worked for Knology? Contribute to the Community!