Knology

Avoid this company!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Knology

Pros

Discount on Cable services. Nice uniforms.

Cons

Horrible pay. Laughable pay raises. Near impossible QC standards. Very expensive Ins. Very low emp moral. No chance for advancement. Vehicles are run down and falling apart.

Upper management needs to witness first hand the affects their policy changes have on their employees in the field. Make policy changes that directly affect an employee's earning potential known before these policies are implemented. Take problems and concerns more seriously. Treat employees as a person, not a number. We have families to support.

31 Other Employee Reviews for Knology (View Most Recent)

Run...Away...Very fast

Current Employee - Tech Support Representative in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Tech Support Representative in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Knology

Pros

Anyone can get hired there and unlimited overtime, management is always on site. Break rooms have ample seating and tv/internet available.

Cons

The pay at Knology is horrible. I could make the same or better flipping burgers. Career advancement is a joke there is nowhere to advance. The more work you do, and the more responsibilities you take on the less likely you are to get a decent raise or shot at a promotion. Front line management/supervisors only do what they absolutely have to in order to not get fired and make it through the day. mid level and upper management are mostly disconnected from what actually goes on and show no wish to change that. I have been with this company going on 4 years and I have gotten a TOTAL of $0.40 in raises since day one, and that is as a "top performer". If a customer asks to speak to a supervisor you will ALWAYS get push-back no matter who it is.

Start practicing what you preach in your values both INSIDE and OUTSIDE the building. Pay people what they are worth instead of what looks good on the bottom line and maybe you will make it up on not having to train loads of replacements.

Eh

Current Employee - Dsr in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Dsr in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Knology

Pros

Make your own hours...mostly
    good commision scale

Cons

No lead generation
    no commission before $1250