There are newer employer reviews for Knology

Eh

Current Employee - Dsr in Charleston, SC
Current Employee - Dsr in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Knology

Pros

Make your own hours...mostly
good commision scale

Cons

No lead generation
no commission before $1250

reviews filtered by
  1. At one point was a great place to work

Current Employee - Service Technician in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Service Technician in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Knology

Pros

Plenty of hours, a fair wage paid to those who put forth effort. Company vehicles to drive home when you are a service tech or higher plus laptops. and phone to use as well. Most of your co workers are great people to be around. The company stays fairly up to date with technology. Mid level supervisors are great. The maintenance crew is top notch so you don't have to worry a lot about crappy signal to use at the customer premises.

Cons

Over the last year and a half the new management over install and service has been incompetent. You are asked to keep your repeats below %15 but given up to 15 jobs a day and expected to take your time on everyone of them. When the installation and service manager was taken on route with a service tech and the tech was so far behind he couldn't take a lunch, he had him drop him off to eat and pick him up the next job was done. If you are sent to repair a phone and a week later their house is hit by lightning and kills the modem you are considered at fault on your repeats. If you are sent to replace a remote, you are only given 15 min. to replace the remote, and if all the wiring is trashed you are expected to fix it, not the installer who won't do his job right, then you have to make it on time to your next job. It used to be a team oriented place to work but the new management over serv. and install has made it every man for himself. The worst part is that the general management is so clueless that it is the biggest joke in the office that he has no idea whats going on, and if you want to get the attention of the serv. and install management you can find them under the desk of general management. Oh yeah and most of the fleet is trash, maintenance cant keep 2 bucket trucks running for longer than a week.

Advice to Management

Listen to your mid level supervisors and your long term employees. Get yourself an installation and service manager who has done service before, and a GM who knows what is going on I have been at there 4 years and see him every morning and he still doesn't know my name and keeps asking about my daughter...I have a son too , but I told him this every morning for the past 4 years

2. decent place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

I worked at Knology

Pros

decent place to work, as long as you do your job well and stay out of any drama.

Cons

keep your distance from local mangement, keep personal life seperate from work

Advice to Management

respect your employees more.

There are newer employer reviews for Knology