Knowland Group

www.knowland.com
  www.knowland.com
There are newer employer reviews for Knowland Group

Initiative is expected and rewarded

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Knowland Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have been very lucky to find a company who is so encouraging of their employees bettering themselves and the company, by taking on tasks and gaining skill-sets outside of their initial wheel-house. I have never worked in an environment where co-workers have put so much emphasis on teaching one another new things, while continuing to learn more themselves on their own and from each other. This practice sharing knowledge and using every day to improve ourselves proliferates throughout the entire company all the way from the C-Level executives through the ranks of Knowland on the whole. I personally have learned more from my bosses, their bosses, and co-workers, and had the opportunity to teach co-workers myself than any other workplace environment I have experienced or heard of, to date.

Knowland has a constant need for all of the company to continue to be better than we have the day before. The fast paced approach to improving the products and developing new tools and technology for the hospitality industry, makes the day to day experience at Knowland a unique, fun and creatively enthralling one. Every day is a very real opportunity to have a measurable effect on the depth, validity, accessibility and speed of our data, and tools for accessing that data for our customers.

Cons

The environment and culture of the company can be difficult for individuals who are not overtly adaptable, or do not self start easily. If you need someone to keep you on task constantly, or cannot find projects or issues to take ownership of, it can be difficult to thrive at Knowland.

34 Other Employee Reviews for Knowland Group (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for!

I have been working at Knowland Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great relaxed atmosphere where people work hard
    Awesome managers- always willing to help develop your skills
    Room for growth within the company
    Perfect entry level position out of college- lots of training provided

Cons

Not a con but advice- be prepared to work in a fast paced environment

Cutting Edge Technology Company

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Knowland Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Knowland is constantly pushing to adopt new technologies and integrating them into their products. We were doing Virtual Reality apps in 2011, for example.
    The office is comfortable, relaxed and fun in a great Downtown DC location (Penn Quarter/Chinatown) right across from a Metro station.
    The CEO and "C Suite" are transparent with the strategic decisions and goals. Individual goals are tied to the corporate goals. The company is very metric driven so you always know where you stand.
    The founder still runs the company so you get to observe a successful entrepreneur in action.

Cons

Do not work here if you can not handle a nimble company that is constantly moving --direction can change very quickly as the company is quick to adapt to changes in the marketplace and technology. This is a great thing for the company, but is not the way everyone likes to work.

There are newer employer reviews for Knowland Group