There are newer employer reviews for Knowledge Consulting Group

Great place to work for IT Security professionals

I have been working at Knowledge Consulting Group

Pros

The vast majority of Knowledge Consulting Group's focus in on IT Security services to government agencies. If that is what you do, this company is a great place to work. They have had a lot of growth with new contracts in 2009 so there seems to be more opportunity to advance and grow into other contracts or areas within IT security. Because KCG is so niche within the IT Security field, it allows the employees to information share and work with each other. KCG is a small company so you are not “just a number” like you see with a lot of the larger companies. The company’s benefits are very competitive to others as well.

Cons

If you are not an IT Security professional, you might find the “niche” of the company limiting to your career growth or advancement.

Although communication is fairly good, it could be improved. The only advice I would give to management is to broaden communication.

reviews filtered by
  1. The Best

I have been working at Knowledge Consulting Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

KCG gets the best contracts and has the most efficient and knowledgeable team EVER! They are especially great with collaboration and helping each other out when needed.

Cons

None. KCG is amazing and I'm grateful every day to work here.

Please continue to make the strides toward improving our travel! You're doing great!

Knowledge Consulting Group Response

Mar 26, 2015Director

I appreciate your positive feedback. We take pride in being one of the most knowledgeable and experienced cybersecurity services firms in the Washington D.C. region!

Good company, great talent

I worked at Knowledge Consulting Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Depending on the business unit, there are some fantastic security professionals who worked at KCG while I was there. If you're looking to work with a great group of security engineers, some of the business units that work in the Reston office have great talent.

Cons

The KCG vision has been somewhat challenged in its implementation. The corporate structure is aligned as if KCG is a small IT staffing company. If the vision is to put more butts in more seats this year than last year, that structure may be fine. If the vision is more innovative, then the organizational structure needs work.

Don't settle for mediocrity in the executive staff or senior managers. Define a vision for the company, communicate the vision, create a strategy (hint: it's not "growth"), and empower/challenge the executives and senior managers to establish action plans to achieve parts of the strategy. Demote, remove, or get out of harm's way the people who don't subscribe or don't belong in the plans.

There are newer employer reviews for Knowledge Consulting Group