Knowledge Learning

Add Review

Work at KLC.

Former Employee - Center Director in Chatsworth, CA
Former Employee - Center Director in Chatsworth, CA

I worked at Knowledge Learning full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best thing about this position was I was able to realize a long held dream to become a Director for this organization. It looked glamorous, important, fun from the outside, but in reality the work was very difficult.

Cons

It consisted of a daily balancing of time, staff, clients, officials, and tons of reports. No support from the district manager. The companies priorities are money, money, money , to the detriment of the only real important resource which are the people.

Advice to Management

Be honest with staff, people respect transparency. Team support is also very important.

reviews filtered by

Quite Possibly worse then going to prison.. At least inmates get some respect.

Former Employee - Anonymous Corporate Office Worker in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Corporate Office Worker in Portland, OR

I worked at Knowledge Learning full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The daycare benefits for my daughter were excellent, i got to use the services. Great Location, Great commute options. This is only in relation to the corporate office, not to any of the other locations out there. Some of the low level employees in the office were great.

Cons

My first few months i would vomit just a little bit from being so nervous about what a stupid thing i've done to take the position. It made my physically ill to deal with the irrational management at the company. They have very high turnover and quite a bit of contracting goes on. This is corporate cost cutting not quality, it really shows. Exceedingly political and egotistical. My pay was well below market rates, raises? No! Fair performance evaluation? No.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves, all of you, not a single one of you are worth

Churn and burn

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Knowledge Learning

Pros

If you're mediocre and like to stay under the radar, you'll do just fine and have a long career at KLC. Salaries are adjusted to market levels only after several people leave or threaten to leave.

Cons

If you like to change things and make suggestions for improvements, you'll be black-balled and quietly escorted out the door. Benefits are very poor.

Advice to Management

Respect employees a lot more to show that you actually care. Listen to their put because they know what is going on.