Knowledge Learning
www.knowledgelearning.com Portland, OR 5000+ Employees

District Manager

District Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Knowledge Learning full-time for more than 8 years

ProsBeing a part of the bigger better part of a child's life.

ConsNone really, just had recent change in leadership that evidently did not have appreciation for the tenure of strong leaders within the company. They made a bad decision to eliminate a fleet of strong leaders based on their salary costs to the organization as a means of "making plan" by year end 2012. So sad. I was one of many that lost their job to this. A job that I was most passionate about and truly worked so hard at. I never had a day that I didn't not look forward to going to work. In fact, I looked forward to Mondays!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring senior management from outside fo the company and further develop and utilize the plethora of talent within. Presently, and most unfortunately, those that can politic well despite the "least" they do in their job each day, are the ones still employed. On my team alone I was aware of two DMs that rarely visited centers; spent countless days in their offices and had poor results but they are still employed. Go figure. It takes only a couple of "bad leaders" to kill a great organization but it truly takes an army of dedicated second line leaders and front line soldiers in center leadership to build it.

Nice, glossy marketing tactics covering up a big, old mess!

Center Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Knowledge Learning full-time for less than a year

Pros: Benefits Child Care discount Training opportunities for leadership and management positions Cons: There is a corporate office of thousands of employees but no support for center staff. Numbers are all they care about… Advice to Senior Management: Get into the centers and REALLY pay attention to what is needed. Instead of spending $$$$$ on sending Directors to a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good luck working for this conglomerate.

Center Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Knowledge Learning full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good benefits Fair salaries Regular reviews Seriously, I can't think of anything else.… Cons: Too big People call corporate to complain constantly and corporate just assumes they are right because none… Advice to Senior Management: Remember the field is who is actually performing the service. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Knowledge Learning.

Worked for Knowledge Learning? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Knowledge Learning reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Knowledge Learning CEO Tom Wyatt. All reviews posted anonymously by Knowledge Learning employees.