There are newer employer reviews for Knowledge Universe

Not a good place to work

Former Employee - Manager  in  Portland, OR
Former Employee - Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at Knowledge Universe

Pros

They have clear training and expectations. They are consistent with pay and benefits.

Cons

This is a huge company that doesn't have time to deal with anyone who ruffles feathers. If you report abuse, you will be fired. If you complain about policies, you will be fired. If you think your classroom is unsafe, you will be fired. The best think to do is go to work, keep your mouth shut, and be polite. Consequently, they have lost many quality employees and keep the cruddy ones. Very sad.

Not everybody wants to sue you. Some people want to help the children. Very sad you don't see this.

86 Other Employee Reviews for Knowledge Universe (View Most Recent)

Employees not treated well

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Knowledge Universe

Pros

Educating children is some of the most important work one can do and the field staff are devoted to that work.

Cons

Wow. Where to begin. Employees are not respected or valued. Managers don't know how to provide mentoring or development. No raises in years. Poor corporate communication. Watch your back.

Start taking care of your employees before they abandon you. Take a look around and see the lack of hope in the eyes of staff. Please stop trying to make the business successful by exploiting the people who work for you

KU has an identity crisis, they say they want high quality, but do not invest money to get there.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst II  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst II in Portland, OR

I have been working at Knowledge Universe

Pros

The people are nice and good to work with. HR is trying to build cohesion within the organization.

Cons

The benefits are not up to standard. Do not plan on getting any merit or cost of living increases (i.e. only one small increase in 5 plus years). We've have huge increases to our health care costs, so essentially the employees are making less than they did years ago. Senior Leadership is always changing direction and not on the same page. In 5 plus years we've had 2 different CEOs, 3 different CFOs, and many other leadership changes. The college reimbursement has virtually been taken away (i.e. I believe $1500 per year), very low. There is really no career direction or mentoring for next steps.

Start investing in your teachers and workers at the corportate office.

There are newer employer reviews for Knowledge Universe

Worked for Knowledge Universe? Contribute to the Community!