Knowledge Universe

www.nurturegreatness.com
  www.nurturegreatness.com
There are newer employer reviews for Knowledge Universe

I learned much about payroll in this company.

Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Portland, OR
Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Portland, OR

I worked at Knowledge Universe as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Professional peers and bosses, friendly atmosphere, flexible schedule

Cons

My salary was low because I worked for the company through Accountemps.

96 Other Employee Reviews for Knowledge Universe (View Most Recent)

Champions is a horrible company

Current Employee - Site Director in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Site Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Knowledge Universe full-time (less than an year)

Pros

nice training, cheap program, convenient for parents to take their kids to a program at the school.

Cons

When I started Champions, I was told by at least 6 employees who had been at the company for a year or more, how horrible of a company this was. And how the manager didn't follow through on anything, and they felt she was bipolar, because she was always up and down. I tried to ignore the comments, as I need to form my own opinion. However, I was told that I would receive at least 34 hours, but it turned into more like 27.5 hours. We had very few children enrolled, so at the end of the day when the last child left, we had to clock out. And with a split schedule it was very challenging to get a second job, let alone pay my bills!

So my view of the company began to go downhill. They talk in the training (it was good training, I have to admit), that any child who doesn't comply with the behavior management plan will most likely be removed from the program. We had one child who had major issues: he said inappropriate sexual comments in class, he swore, he pushed kids down, he stole things, and always bragged about watching rated R movies and games, and his moms buying him anything he so desired. I don't understand why this kid wasn't removed! Well, I should have told the manager and talked to the parents, because it turns out a few weeks later that he made up a false allegation about me! And I was suspended, and HR investigated me! I have a squeaky clean background, a degree, and excellent references, so I was shocked!!!! When I tried to get answers from the area manager and district manager they were not helpful, referred me to a handbook, and said it was a "no tolerance policy." They didn't even look into the fact that this kid lies, and makes up false allegations. I was so depressed, becuase no one seemed to care that I was the victim, not him!!!

I ended up quitting the company, and I am soooo dissappointed for when I first was hired on I felt it was going to be a great experience and grow my resume. But, I want everyone to know to not apply for the job in WA. (From what I heard the manager is having trouble hiring enough employees as it is.) Just informing you, so you don't go through what I have. Thanks.

horrible

Glad to be leaving for a better company!

Current Employee - Accountant in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Accountant in Portland, OR

I have been working at Knowledge Universe full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My coworkers, or some of them at least, were the only real positive here. The employees at both the corporate headquarters, and especially the teachers out in the field deserve much better and more than they are receiving.

And I learned more about Excel than I have learned in any other job.

Cons

Terrible culture. Executives that are so heartless, out of touch, tone deaf, and entitled. They pay lip service to "it's all for the children", when really if you work in Accounting or Finance the reality is "it's all about the bottom line". Recently announced that they are planning to outsource several departments and lay off several hundreds of people onto the Portland Oregon job market all around the same time.

Very glad I chose to get out now, and find a better opportunity in a healthier company that values it's employees - before the mass layoffs start.

Grow hearts, develop consciences, actually care about your employees and invest in them. All of them! Actually care about the children and their education.

There are newer employer reviews for Knowledge Universe