Knowledge Universe

www.nurturegreatness.com
  www.nurturegreatness.com
There are newer employer reviews for Knowledge Universe

Great company and through the many changes they continue to do well.

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Columbia, MD
Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Knowledge Universe full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

KU is a fun place to work and has good benefits. The child care discount cant be beat for working moms with young children. the curriculum allows some flexibility if you are good at planning and time management.

Cons

Sometimes have to work with inexperienced young staff that are there for a paycheck only. Your hours can vary and sometimes you don't get 40 a week

We should have better trainings that challenge us to learn new things. The trainings are the same every year and very boring.

100 Other Employee Reviews for Knowledge Universe (View Most Recent)

The worst Experience ever

I worked at Knowledge Universe full-time

Pros

You can make a difference to a childs life

Cons

Leadership. You have no voice. Manage through fear

Talk to your people vs talking at them!

Teacher (PreK, School Age, Preschool)

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Portland, OR

I have been working at Knowledge Universe full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Loved the employees, families and center director, which made working for KinderCare tolerable.

Cons

I was actually excited to work with the company and to soon teach and interact with kids. However I quickly realized how revenue obsessed this company is. I get it, you have to make money to survive. However, the financial boundary we had to work with was borderline insane. How can you give kids quality interaction when labor hours were literally enforced down to the bone?

But as soon as our center had amazing teachers, the parents noticed this and kept their children enrolled (hey that's great). At the same time, our classroom received more new children and we were actually maxed out in every room. Teachers were stressed out, burnt out and it turned into daycare rather a school atmosphere. I feel terrible for the incredible teachers that will soon be leaving because they cannot deal with the lack of support, labor hours and funds from the corporate office.

Bottom line, NO EDUCATION company teaching young children should be for-profit, which KU is. And if you do a good job and your classroom stays filled, you aren't rewarded, of course besides the positive interactions with kids. Period. It truly is the fast food of education. Teachers, get jobs at independent or privately owned schools. Parents, NEVER enroll your children in a crowded classroom when you tour.

Come visit centers and actually have a good attitude about it. Every person who does is in a bad mood and doesn't even say hello.

There are newer employer reviews for Knowledge Universe