There are newer employer reviews for Koch Industries

The benefits of working at Koch just wasn't worth the sacrifices required to be successful.

Former Employee - Accountant  in  Wichita, KS
Former Employee - Accountant in Wichita, KS

I worked at Koch Industries full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most co-workers were very smart and respectful people.
Wages were very competitive.
Culture thought "outside the box", which was a great change from what I was used to.

Cons

Work/LIfe balance was very heavy on the work side. My group was expected to work 10-12 hour days on a regular basis. One of my co-workers was working over 18 hours straight one day. The long hours were due mainly to poor software. My department used in-house IT, which proved to be very unreliable. I recomended contacting in IT support to fix the issues quicker, but the idea was ignored. The long hours were not thought of as being a problem, which was the sign I needed to find something different. If I am going to work 12 hours a day, it will be to make myself rich, not someone else. Koch is a private company, so none of the employees have ownership.

Create more of a work/life balance for your employees. Most of the employees will not complain about the hours, but it shouldnt take a complaint to respect someone else. Show them that you care proactively and don't expect them to sacrifice time with their families to increase your bottom line. Also, do a full efficiency audit of your processes. During the short time that I was there, I saw multiple areas for improvement. When I brought up an issue, the answer I always got was "we do it this way because we've always done it this way". Koch has been very successful, but when working there, all I could think of is how much more successful they could be if they made things more efficient.

57 Other Employee Reviews for Koch Industries (View Most Recent)

Consistently growing and profitable company, but CEO practically requires that you drink his Kool-Aid!

Former Employee - Staff Accountant  in  Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Wichita, KS

I worked at Koch Industries full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great environment, competitive and challenging in a good way, fair and competitive salaries

Cons

The CEO seeks to indoctrinate his employees and management in his set of conservative, market-centric ideals through required training sessions, classes and workshops. Your escalation into mid- to upper-level management will not come unless you prove that you believe in his ideals and business model. Also, BILLIONS of the income earned at Koch is funneled to Super PACs that support a very specific political agenda.

Great company, but Mr. Koch should do more to distance himself and his political agenda from his company.

My experience at Koch has been one of growth and opportunity.

Current Employee - Director  in  Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Director in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Koch Industries

Pros

Challenging work, company culture, intelligent co-workers, results oriented, a true feeling of being able to create value for the company, company benefits

Cons

Koch is generally a lean running group that at times requires sacrifices of time away from your family, friends and activities.

Keep up the positive work environment and remember to make sure that your employees have not only a fulfilling life at work but at home as well.

There are newer employer reviews for Koch Industries

Worked for Koch Industries? Contribute to the Community!