There are newer employer reviews for Koch Industries

Solid company with good management.

Former Employee - Principal Process Engineer  in  Wichita, KS
Former Employee - Principal Process Engineer in Wichita, KS

I worked at Koch Industries full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Koch Industries is a very stable organization with a solid growth plan.

Cons

Headquarters are located in Wichita, Kansas

Open a branch in Colorado

59 Other Employee Reviews for Koch Industries (View Most Recent)

Great Place to work

Current Employee - Human Resources  in  Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Koch Industries full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

All employees believe and are held to practicing the MBM guiding Principles. You are surrounded by individuals with similar work values. New ideas are encouraged and celebrated. You get real time feedback from peers/supervisors. Your compensation is based on the value you create for the company. I love that your hard work is recognized financially. You are not given the same salary as a sub-par performer. There are no egos. Leaders treat subordinates as their equal. There are no silos. departments communicate freely and help one other.

Cons

I really have not experienced any. Many reviews state that the work life balance is poor. I typically see most working 40-50 hours a week. We are adults. We work extra when we need to and leave on time when appropriate. When work life balance seems is off, I see them adding additional staff.

Keep it up! I'm proud to work at Koch!

The benefits of working at Koch just wasn't worth the sacrifices required to be successful.

Former Employee - Accountant  in  Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Accountant in Wichita, KS

I worked at Koch Industries full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most co-workers were very smart and respectful people.
    Wages were very competitive.
    Culture thought "outside the box", which was a great change from what I was used to.

Cons

Work/LIfe balance was very heavy on the work side. My group was expected to work 10-12 hour days on a regular basis. One of my co-workers was working over 18 hours straight one day. The long hours were due mainly to poor software. My department used in-house IT, which proved to be very unreliable. I recomended contacting in IT support to fix the issues quicker, but the idea was ignored. The long hours were not thought of as being a problem, which was the sign I needed to find something different. If I am going to work 12 hours a day, it will be to make myself rich, not someone else. Koch is a private company, so none of the employees have ownership.

Create more of a work/life balance for your employees. Most of the employees will not complain about the hours, but it shouldnt take a complaint to respect someone else. Show them that you care proactively and don't expect them to sacrifice time with their families to increase your bottom line. Also, do a full efficiency audit of your processes. During the short time that I was there, I saw multiple areas for improvement. When I brought up an issue, the answer I always got was "we do it this way because we've always done it this way". Koch has been very successful, but when working there, all I could think of is how much more successful they could be if they made things more efficient.

There are newer employer reviews for Koch Industries

Worked for Koch Industries? Contribute to the Community!