Kofax

www.kofax.com

Some areas better than others

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Pros

First, regarding the employee survey several reviews have mentioned, the company did start acting on the results. I'll say that they handled it in a most professional manner and it wasn't doom and gloom, there were a few areas people had concerns with and I'm seeing more of an effort to talk about those areas in a straight forward manner.

From an engineering point of view I don't see anything like what the other reviews are talking about. So we must be insulated from it in our organization. I'm seeing a great development pipeline of products, lots of new areas to work on, and a great relationship with upper management.

Awesome work/life balance, nobody asks you to work insane hours, but lot of people take pride in the products and put in hours where they can.

There is an attitude of getting you want you need to get the job done. If you need hardware or a tool to make your job easier and build a better product they'll find a way to get it done.

Lots of little events to relieve stress, morning bagels/juice, happy hours, family events, team lunches, fitness classes.

Cons

Seems like a lot of churn and issues in the sales/marketing areas based on previous quarters. Things seem to be getting better so we'll see.

Upper management had a tendency to give direction and info, but not explain or elaborate, which caused some consternation, as reflected in the survey.

The new focus on inclusive conversations around concerns from the survey is refreshing, do more of that, and more frequently.

Other reviews for Kofax

Poor Quality Company, Product and especially Sr. Management

Pros

Good technical people - they care about doing a good job
    Team Work (below Sr. Management)

Cons

Poor quality Sr. Management - Executive Level
    Poor quality Company Direction - Executive Level
    Poor quality Technology - Executive Level (flows down hill)
    Poor quality HR Policies - All HR employees
    Poor quality HR Recruitment - All Management and especially, Recruiters -Unqualified to do their job
    Poor quality Marketing - Just Useless
    Sales - Untrained, and Lost
    What type of company (customer) would buy the software product that is developed by Kofax?

Question to (EMT) Executive Management Team....are you hiding behind the poor quality employee survey that was done earlier this year?
    What happened to the "employee survey"?? There was a follow up to be made in May 2013...as expected, NOTHING. Typical of Senior Management, and useless Human Resources

Only Work here if you like Conflict and being treated POORLY - Everyday.

Pros

None to speak of, unless you like to work for a company that has an "our way or the highway" mentality....and you like to have H.R. provided "healthy meals" of bagels and cream cheese....or pizza and beer.

Cons

Poor quality senior management. Executive leadership encourages treating employees poorly...do it our way or the highway. Middle management has no say in the matter, and the "trickle down" has a major impact on all work areas. I see others remark here about their interviewing experience...don't bother, the recruiting process is the worst you'll ever find, and especially with the way their H.R. handles new candidates. You can't expect much from an H.R. that is understaffed, and when I say understaffed?? Not that they don't have enough people working within the department,(they have more than enough) they are all under educated, or non-educated) and don't have the ability work within their own environment.

Word on the street, there was a recent employee survey, and one in the past (employees never received any feedback from the first one). All employees rated this company very very low. Time to sit up and listen Executive Management, your employees have spoken!! The ship is sinking, and you're keeping to much dead weight at the top…. time to dump that load. It's sad to see a company that was excellent just 5 years ago, go downhill so fast.

There are newer employer reviews for Kofax.

Worked for Kofax? Contribute to the Community!